• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Yes if you are a government employee then you have a obligation to the employer IE. Taxpayer. I would be all for getting rid of 90% of government employees and change them into private corporations who then would not be on this system. But in reality it is only the politicians and the people enforcing the word of the politicians that should be filmed. The garbage man is not In direct power to step on peoples rights like the politicians and the cops.

And for a follow up with hoosierdoc when the cop uses the washroom the cam can be put facing the door outside the bathroom so when he exits he has to put it back on or something. And he should not be stopping by his house on tax dollars.

So, by your logic, we should eliminate all federal agencies and the military. That should about get 90% of them.

:ugh:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    take a stab in the dark and say you are a cop or ex cop?

Nope. Physician. Though my great grandfather was a policeman in Ft Wayne and I have his service revolver...

IMPD has hundreds of officers. Let's just say 1000 for ease of numbers. They work 2000 hours a year. So you want to be in charge of 120,000,000 minutes of video annually? It's impossible.

live feeds from the government "security force" fed to the government building while they roam through society sounds awfully scary to me :twocents:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nope. Physician. Though my great grandfather was a policeman in Ft Wayne and I have his service revolver...

IMPD has hundreds of officers. Let's just say 1000 for ease of numbers. They work 2000 hours a year. So you want to be in charge of 120,000,000 minutes of video annually? It's impossible.

live feeds from the government "security force" fed to the government building while they roam through society sounds awfully scary to me :twocents:

Not if you expand govt and add more employees.... oh wait, they would need to be recorded too.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I work in a State of Indiana forensic mental hospital. We are under video surveillance from the time we arrive on grounds until we leave, with well over 100 security cameras recording 24/7. We have been told that the servers can hold that much data for up to two weeks before looping and starting over, and if an incident occurs that the specific incident can be saved permanently. The only places not covered are bathrooms and staff breakdowns. Video surveillance must be accepted as a condition of employment.

The money and technology is there to do this for all police, if the politicians wanted to implement it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I work in a State of Indiana forensic mental hospital. We are under video surveillance from the time we arrive on grounds until we leave, with well over 100 security cameras recording 24/7. We have been told that the servers can hold that much data for up to two weeks before looping and starting over, and if an incident occurs that the specific incident can be saved permanently. The only places not covered are bathrooms and staff breakdowns. Video surveillance must be accepted as a condition of employment.

The money and technology is there to do this for all police, if the politicians wanted to implement it.

There's big difference between static cams hard wired to DVRs and mobile cams on people.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

I know what you mean. I've worked at a few nuclear energy facilities as well as for the DOD and we are on surveillance from the time you drive on the property. At the Nuke power plants not only do they watch you on the video, but you have 3 people standing right with you watching your every move, and every bolt you turn.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    My place of employment is not governmental in any way, but everyone there is under constant surveillance while at work. There are cameras everywhere recording all the time. If you want to work there you agree to it. I see no difference as far as law enforcement is concerned. I don't get a pass or the ability to turn it off or on and neither should the police.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    My shift is 12 hours. And how long do you keep recordings, on hand?

That would be up to your department to put the data into the main computer at the end of your shift. If you would have looked at the link you would seen a SD card with 128 gigabytes of data storage, which is good for around 320 hours of data.

Now I'm not one who thinks that the cameras should be on all the time. Only when on a call.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    That would be up to your department to put the data into the main computer at the end of your shift. If you would have looked at the link you would seen a SD card with 128 gigabytes of data storage, which is good for around 320 hours of data.

Now I'm not one who thinks that the cameras should be on all the time. Only when on a call.

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tried to rep you but I have to spread it around.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I saw that post. I'd question the quality of those cameras. I'm also betting they don't capture audio. Not even mentioning that no PD would dump files after 2 weeks. We currently keep our stuff for 5 years.

At 20 hours of Interaction recording time per week, you could fit a 5 years on a 2 TB drive. I just bought one that when you insert the card it downloads the data and will erase the data on the card. The card is ready for the next shift.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If you receive ANY govt dollars, your life should be an open book while using or earning those dollars. If you want to do this, let's not single out cops, let get everybody on board.
    Agreed, KN.

If we're going to go that route (and I vehemently disagree with doing so) then let's not 'pick & choose'. EVERY person that receives government tax dollars in any form should then be recorded.

That would, then, include every person receiving 'welfare' benefits, or 'food stamps', or Obamacare subsidies, or 'free' government cell phones, and so on.

This would also include any company (and every employee thereof) which receives 'government benefits' in the form of subsidies, tax deductions, veteran employment tax breaks, ex-convict tax breaks, and so forth.

In fact, why not go the whole 9 yards? ANYONE who receives a tax deduction for children, spouse, homestead, etc.

Because, it's ALL 'taxpayer money' and ALL those people are on the 'government dole' in some form or other, truth be told.

Come to think of it, ALL lawyers are 'agents of the Court', a government run and subsidized agency. So, ALL attorneys should have to record ALL interaction with their clients, and the cameras can't be turned on or off by them (or their clients), and according to the 'logic' by some folks, should be available for immediate public perusal.

And, just a guess, but hospitals and health care facilities (and the employees thereof) and even Doctors with private practices receive SOME 'government aid' in the form of tax deductions, etc. So, they should all be recorded all the time, as well.

That should pretty well eliminate privacy in any form or fashion for virtually everyone, eh? :rolleyes:

As for the video, appeared to be nothing out of the ordinary. The stop was legitimate, Bufford refused lawful orders, was illegally armed, and resisted arrest.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Eh, I disagree with everyone in gov being 100% "open".

I'm mixed on law enforcement.

But everyone that gets paid via tax dollars? Please. That's ridiculous. Things need to get done, and not everything is squeaky clean. There are deals that are made, and they benefit both sides. If those were made public, they wouldn't happen. I'm not childish enough to believe government is an infallible entity that has to work 100% legit.

I may loathe government, but I'm also realistic.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom