Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Those cameras should be broadcasted live on certain channels/websites and never be able to go off while officer is on duty. Police have NO right to privacy while there getting paid by tax dollars. And for that matter the same should happen to ALL politicians all the time.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I disagree with full time body cams. Just plain too much data to sort through. Having to turn it on during anticipated encounters is fine.

dashcams on loops are fine to be constantly on with easy ability to save data from encounters. 24x7 recording is not reasonable.

depso, how does the officer poop? If he stops by his house, should that be live fed?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Those cameras should be broadcasted live on certain channels/websites and never be able to go off while officer is on duty. Police have NO right to privacy while there getting paid by tax dollars. And for that matter the same should happen to ALL politicians all the time.

No privacy at any time. Only if you are first in line for that job. :rolleyes:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    OK I am missing something here. I watched the video. What a saw was a guy refusing to cooperate. Then physically resisting and I could not see but did hear one of the female cops yell at the perp stop kicking. So it looked to me like the cops did everything right. Please point out the abuse part for me.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The really egregious issue here is that the officer intentionally turned off the video recording already in progress, because of officers' fear of what the recording would capture, during an altercation that had already turned physical.

Officers with nothing to hide would have no such fears. Intentionally stopping recording of an in-progress physical altercation is absolutely evidence tampering, and should be adjudicated accordingly. Not only did she potentially destroy/preclude evidence of officer wrongdoing, but she also cost the State (i.e. taxpayers) potential evidence to convict someone who was arrested.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The really egregious issue here is that the officer intentionally turned off the video recording already in progress, because of officers' fear of what the recording would capture, during an altercation that had already turned physical.

Officers with nothing to hide would have no such fears. Intentionally stopping recording of an in-progress physical altercation is absolutely evidence tampering, and should be adjudicated accordingly. Not only did she potentially destroy/preclude evidence of officer wrongdoing, but she also cost the State (i.e. taxpayers) potential evidence to convict someone who was arrested.

I would have agreed that officers with nothing to hide would have no such fears 10 years ago. Not now, every race baiter and cop hater in the country is on a massive witch hunt. Look at how the media has misconstrued, slanted and at times have outright lied to convict cops in the media in a blanted effort to turn the public into cop haters.

I would never be a cop. Its a damned if you do and damned if you don't world for the cops.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

How about ANY person that receives tax dollars, while working, is denied right to privacy? Cameras everywhere.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I would have agreed that officers with nothing to hide would have no such fears 10 years ago. Not now, every race baiter and cop hater in the country is on a massive witch hunt. Look at how the media has misconstrued, slanted and at times have outright lied to convict cops in the media in a blanted effort to turn the public into cop haters.

I would never be a cop. Its a damned if you do and damned if you don't world for the cops.

I consider that extra regard/precaution to be a condition of employment when you are acting as an agent of the State. 99% (my estimate) of police officers do absolutely nothing wrong, have nothing to hide from the camera, and are far more likely than not to be exonerated by video-recorded interactions.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I disagree with full time body cams. Just plain too much data to sort through. Having to turn it on during anticipated encounters is fine.

dashcams on loops are fine to be constantly on with easy ability to save data from encounters. 24x7 recording is not reasonable.

depso, how does the officer poop? If he stops by his house, should that be live fed?

take a stab in the dark and say you are a cop or ex cop?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Most areas don't have the bandwidth available that would require and the costs would be crazy.

That's understandable, but there needs to be a safe guard as to where the video can not be turned off, or deleted during a public encounter. That would not only help the public but also help the officer.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    How about ANY person that receives tax dollars, while working, is denied right to privacy? Cameras everywhere.

Yes if you are a government employee then you have a obligation to the employer IE. Taxpayer. I would be all for getting rid of 90% of government employees and change them into private corporations who then would not be on this system. But in reality it is only the politicians and the people enforcing the word of the politicians that should be filmed. The garbage man is not In direct power to step on peoples rights like the politicians and the cops.

And for a follow up with hoosierdoc when the cop uses the washroom the cam can be put facing the door outside the bathroom so when he exits he has to put it back on or something. And he should not be stopping by his house on tax dollars.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes if you are a government employee then you have a obligation to the employer IE. Taxpayer. I would be all for getting rid of 90% of government employees and change them into private corporations who then would not be on this system. But in reality it is only the politicians and the people enforcing the word of the politicians that should be filmed. The garbage man is not In direct power to step on peoples rights like the politicians and the cops.

And for a follow up with hoosierdoc when the cop uses the washroom the cam can be put facing the door outside the bathroom so when he exits he has to put it back on or something. And he should not be stopping by his house on tax dollars.

If you receive ANY govt dollars, your life should be an open book while using or earning those dollars. If you want to do this, let's not single out cops, let get everybody on board.

Top Bottom