• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Remember when we got a very small stimulus raise by the govt. not taking so much out of our paychecks ?
    It didn't amount to much of anything , until now.
    I went and had our taxes done today , and we usually get a small refund , this year it is exactly the opposite , we actually owed , basically the same amount we normally get back.
    I asked the guy who did my taxes , and he said it was because of this stimulus plan and alot of his clients were in the same boat.
    I'm just curious if anyone else here had the same unexpected Oh Sh--t moment like I did ??

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You honestly think the government is going to give you money for free, even if it was yours in the first place???

You must be a banker, Wall Streeter, oil baron, or some other approved person to get free money. The rest of we the people owe it all to the fed.

Or at least that is the way the fed acts.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm still in college, and this year was the first year I've ever found out I owed money. :( The amount I got back from Indiana covered the cost of doing my taxes, and then I owed the federal government (not a whole lot, since I didn't earn much, but still... it sucked!)

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    You honestly think the government is going to give you money for free, even if it was yours in the first place???

You must be a banker, Wall Streeter, oil baron, or some other approved person to get free money. The rest of we the people owe it all to the fed.

Or at least that is the way the fed acts.

I wish I was a banker , Wall Streeter, oil baron or some other approved person.
    Then I wouldn't have to work 70 hours a week.
    I don't ever expect the govt. to give me a damn thing , when I want something I go out and get it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Remember when we got a very small stimulus raise by the govt. not taking so much out of our paychecks ?
    It didn't amount to much of anything , until now.
    I went and had our taxes done today , and we usually get a small refund , this year it is exactly the opposite , we actually owed , basically the same amount we normally get back.
    I asked the guy who did my taxes , and he said it was because of this stimulus plan and alot of his clients were in the same boat.
    I'm just curious if anyone else here had the same unexpected Oh Sh--t moment like I did ??
    Yes, I owed, for the first time in my LIFE !!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Pathfinder317 looks like you did not pay attention to the small print and articles that the financial sector came out with after the "stimulus money" was given out last year. The articles which got very little press time advised that many taxpayers would get a suprise this tax season if they did not re-adjust their tax info due to the "stimulus money".

My sister and mom did not heed my warning about this and ended up owing Uncle Sam this year.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    i got a little back from state and federal. was going to put it towards a Springfield m1a, but i totalled my truck, so i had to buy a new vehicle instead. oh well, at least i upgraded to 4x4. uncle sam and his tax tricks, what will he think of next.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have never owed money.

Then you are loaning the government money, interest free. Albeit, the interest rates aren't too good right now, but in othertimes you could be putting your money to better use. Plus, if the feds start doing what California is doing, i.e. raise witholding rates (not the tax rates though) and then give refunds in IOU's (which they won't accept as payment of taxes), you would be less likely to lose all of that money.

brad81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    under ground
    when you go out to eat get a gift card for 20 or 30 bucks after your meal. then you will get your receipt the one with the total only you give to your tax man.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    You're all doing it wrong!

Me, my fiance, and my parents all got back a helluva lot more than we usually do! I did them all and I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong. I did it through TurboTax online.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    when you go out to eat get a gift card for 20 or 30 bucks after your meal. then you will get your receipt the one with the total only you give to your tax man.

Deliberate falsifications, as you are counseling here, are federal felonies. Don't use this forum to suggest criminal actions, please.

Top Bottom