Stimulus for Guantanamo Detainees (Releasees?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    I know it's a blog, but this is the first link I copied.

Gotta love the new Administration.

Taxpayers Foot the Bill for Known Terrorists
    to Start a New Life in the U.S.
    While our President was touting his first one hundred days in office, he failed to mention that at that very hour Attorney General Eric Holder was in Germany discussing the release of the detainees at Guantanamo Bay, which is in compliance with his order that it be closed by January 2010. Attorney General Holder made the following remarks in his address to the American Academy at Berlin on April 29:
    "...let me be clear tonight: The course the United States will take going forward will honor both the spirit of our historic alliances and the outpouring of support and goodwill we received after that terrible day, as well as our commitment to the rule of law...Nothing symbolizes our new course more than our decision to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay...President Obama believes, and I strongly agree, that Guantanamo has come to represent a time and an approach that we want to put behind us: a disregard for our centuries-long respect for the rule of law and a go-it alone approach that alienated our allies, incited our adversaries and ultimately weakened our fight against terrorism."
    United States law provides that aliens can be excluded if they have been affiliated with a terrorist organization or have received any type of terrorist training.

Out of 240 Gitmo detainees, a total of thirty have been cleared for release. In a statement last month, Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair indicated that that they will need assistance to start over, "If we are to release them in the United States, we need some sort of assistance for them to start a new life. You can't just put them on the street."
    There will be no shortage of legal representation for the terrorists either. Attorney General Holder’s former law firm actually brags on its website that it "represents 17 Yemeni nationals and one Pakistani citizen held at Guantánamo Bay. We also plan to petition the Supreme Court to hear our Pakistani client’s appeal from the D.C. Circuit’s order dismissing his case. Further, we are pursuing relief in the D.C. Circuit under the Detainee Treatment Act of 2005 for all of our clients."
    To sum it up, the FBI is searching for embedded terrorists in the United States who are Al Qaeda trained and bent on the destruction of America and freedom while at the same time accommodating a President and an administration who wants to help embed them on American streets and then expect taxpayers to foot the bill!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Leave it to liberals.

Eric Holder said:
    President Obama believes, and I strongly agree, that Guantanamo has come to represent a time and an approach that we want to put behind us: a disregard for our centuries-long respect for the rule of law and a go-it alone approach that alienated our allies, incited our adversaries and ultimately weakened our fight against terrorism.

In other words, the War on Terrorism is over. America loses.

Even though they were likely caught with an AK47 trying to kill our American soldiers, they deserve to be pampered and given the same rights as U.S. citizens. Lets release them in the very country the previous administration was trying to protect. Give them their first welfare check. How about an honorary "amnesty" citizenship.

Oh, and lets also prosecute (retroactively) the CIA agents who used "harsh" interrogation techniques to get info from these guys. ABC News goes and posts the names and faces of the CIA members who were involved in the interrogation, setting them and their families up for being a lifelong target of our enemies. That is, IF they don't go to jail for their service. We are supposed to be protected from being prosecuted for "crimes" we commit before such a law is passed, as per our constitution.

And its not like we're breaking bones here... Waterboarding is the worst thing we do? Pouring water over their heads?? I've heard of college fraternity initiations more unpleasant than that. Give me a break!! If it was an American who was captured, they would have set up a video camera, put on their favorite black mask, and sawed the captive's head off with a sword. I don't feel sorry for the poor victims of our unpleasant techniques, all happening with a physician present. Leave it to liberals! :xmad::xmad:

To recap, Obama pardons the prisoners, the terrorists-at-large now laugh at the thought of being captured because of our pansy interrogation techniques (now known to the world), and we make criminals out of the people in the CIA who were doing their job trying to keep us safe.

In completely unrelated news: Obama gives $900 million to the terror group Hamas in his "Stimulus Package", campaigned to take down our missile defense systems, slices and dices the budget of our military, etc, etc, etc...

Do you feel safer now? When is the next 9/11 ? :n00b:

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    I printed this out and gave it to a few people I work with that I know voted for Obama. I can't wait until tomorrow to see what they have to say.

Top Bottom