'Merica
    1184367762037.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    To bat for him? Sounds like their version of PERF reviewed it and it did not meet their guidelines for forfeiture. Nothing to "go to bat" for him for. I'm probably 17yrs or so away from retirement so this is a legit question...Is it normal for retirement pensions to be withdrawn after the retiree is arrested?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    He danced naked for a cop that said he was a teenager. I don't think he committed a crime. If it had been an actual teenager, then perhaps a case could be made. This sounds like they entrapped him, as they do so many others. As for his pension...I don't see where he should lose it, if it wasn't among crimes listed that he should have. He was convicted of a bogus "crime", there was no teenager to have any contact with.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I don't get the problem here. If he was vested in his pension, why wouldn't he get it?

I am not in LE, nor is any of my family. But if I was vested in my pension at work, I receive it regardless. Why would a Cop be any different?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't get the problem here. If he was vested in his pension, why wouldn't he get it?

I am not in LE, nor is any of my family. But if I was vested in my pension at work, I receive it regardless. Why would a Cop be any different?

Many LE pensions are forfeited if the retiree is convicted of certain crimes. I believe the intent is to deter someone who has spent half a lifetime investigating crimes from using what they learned to turn around and commit them.

I don't really have a problem with the policy, just the fact that someone like Serpicostraight would scream about how wrong it was unless it was a cop who was stripped of his pension.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Many LE pensions are forfeited if the retiree is convicted of certain crimes. I believe the intent is to deter someone who has spent half a lifetime investigating crimes from using what they learned to turn around and commit them.

I don't really have a problem with the policy, just the fact that someone like Serpicostraight would scream about how wrong it was unless it was a cop who was stripped of his pension.

Okay, that makes sense, I didn't know that, thanks for explaining it.

Top Bottom