• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Well, I got a surprise phone call yesterday from a company that I interviewed with and thought that I didn't get the job b/c I never heard back. Three weeks after the last interview, I got a call asking if I could talk to the boss one more time. It wasn't to be a formal interview. He just wanted to get to know me. It happened this morning and went very well. He thinks that I'd be a great asset to his team and that they'd have a final decision for me tomorrow.

It's for a job in their Pittsburgh district. My wife is from there and wants to go back so bad and I like it in PA, but I'd no longer be a hoosier for the first time in my nearly 24 years of life. Can I still post here? haha. :draw:

It'd be plenty of money for my wife and I to live on until she can find something.

If it happens, I'll be sad to leave the flatlands I've called home for a very long time, but with the economy the way it is, I can't turn it down.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I wish you luck and hope you get the news you want.

Short of the Ban Hammer, I like you can stay for life...:D

Haha, not the mighty Ban Hammer! :)

I hate to be about the money, but it sure will be needed in 4 months since my wife was "riffed" from her teaching job in SE Indy. :(

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Of course you can still be INGO; we have members here from the UK, China, and even Illinois, for heaven's sake! :):

Hope you get good news tomorrow.

Illinois?

I feel dirty...

Just joking of course...my mother's family is all centered around Harrisburg. I have lived all over the world and have always considered myself a Texan no matter were I was living. Now, of course, I am an honorary Hoosier having lived here for many, many years...moving to PA won't cost you your Hoosiership and just think how close you are going to be America's oldest brewery! Official Yuengling Web Site: America's Oldest Brewery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Well, I got a surprise phone call yesterday from a company that I interviewed with and thought that I didn't get the job b/c I never heard back. Three weeks after the last interview, I got a call asking if I could talk to the boss one more time. It wasn't to be a formal interview. He just wanted to get to know me. It happened this morning and went very well. He thinks that I'd be a great asset to his team and that they'd have a final decision for me tomorrow.

It's for a job in their Pittsburgh district. My wife is from there and wants to go back so bad and I like it in PA, but I'd no longer be a hoosier for the first time in my nearly 24 years of life. Can I still post here? haha. :draw:

Being a Hoosier is about where your heart is, not where your butt is..! :D Its all about knowing that what makes White Castle so "good" is the fact that they are sooo bad, realizing the Bobby Knight's birthday should be a national holiday, getting all misty-eyed sentimental for the wild and wonderful days of the drunken-floppy-hooters-in-tube-tops-everywhere days of the Snake Pit in Turn 1, and having a Mom who won't even bother to take the Marlboro from her lips before she tells you that you can "Kiss her :moon:!!" :laugh:

As shown by my location, I live in Japan, but that hasn't changed my Hoosier-dom one bit..I feel a bit homesick everytime I see a piece of limestone used in a building's construction, and my beer belching and "hey-kid-pull-my-finger!" skills are still in top form... ;) The Hoosier State is not just a state, it's a state of mind...:cheers:

Good luck with the job! Among the lesser states, the State of Pennsylvania, with its coal mines, Indiana-esque test-less Shall Issue system :draw:, and its wannabe county, is about as close as you can get to living in the best State of the Republic! :rockwoot: :ingo:

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Being a Hoosier is about where your heart is, not where your butt is..! :D Its all about knowing that what makes White Castle so "good" is the fact that they are sooo bad, realizing the Bobby Knight's birthday should be a national holiday, getting all misty-eyed sentimental for the wild and wonderful days of the drunken-floppy-hooters-in-tube-tops-everywhere days of the Snake Pit in Turn 1, and having a Mom who won't even bother to take the Marlboro from her lips before she tells you that you can "Kiss her :moon:!!" :laugh:

As shown by my location, I live in Japan, but that hasn't changed my Hoosier-dom one bit..I feel a bit homesick everytime I see a piece of limestone used in a building's construction, and my beer belching and "hey-kid-pull-my-finger!" skills are still in top form... ;) The Hoosier State is not just a state, it's a state of mind...:cheers:

Good luck with the job! Among the lesser states, the State of Pennsylvania, with its coal mines, Indiana-esque test-less Shall Issue system :draw:, and its wannabe county, is about as close as you can get to living in the best State of the Republic! :rockwoot: :ingo:

HAHA, I love it! Thanks for the good words, guys. I got another phone call today from the guy I'd be working with and he pretty much said that he'd help me find a place to live and such, so I hope all goes well! :) I will be homesick for awhile, I'm sure, but maybe I'll be able to come back in a few years.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Congrats man! Sounds like a great opportunity! Don't forget about us!

I will not. I love this forum. I've gotten a lot of great info from here. I still have not been able to make it to a build party, though. :(

Top Bottom