• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Here's the can I just ordered. Stihl doesn't offer it in the US. EPA regs, I'm sure. I'm tired of dicking with these cheapo plastic cans that don't work.

HB345A_dtl.jpg

Got a link to purchase? I need one.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Got a link to purchase? I need one.

I got it off of eBay. I'm guessing Stihl can't sell them here due to EPA regs. I checked a dealer and he said they're unavailable here. I was searching online for a good jug to use for bar oil and found about this can. Husky makes one to but I think they're not available here either. Briggs makes a 2 part can and they're $30. I have 2 Briggs diesel cans and they suck. We use trico oil safe jugs at work but they're $40-50 each so I decided on the Stihl can. It's coming from England and its $85 with shipping. I can give you my thoughts on it once I get it.

Here's the eBay link.

STIHL FUEL COMBI CAN. TWIN TRANSPARENT FOR 5 LITRE FUEL / 3 LITRE CHAIN OIL | eBay

Here's the Stihl UK link. Looks like it's available in clear or orange.

STIHL Products | STIHL | Stihl, Viking, chain saws, brushcutters, hedge trimmers, clearing saws, high-pressure cleaners, lawn mowers, trimmers

devildog178

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Henry Co
    I currently have 6 Stihl products. 4 saws, MS280C, MS250, 046 Magnum, 066 Magnum plus a blower and a string trimmer. All have been excellent!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I got it off of eBay. I'm guessing Stihl can't sell them here due to EPA regs. I checked a dealer and he said they're unavailable here. I was searching online for a good jug to use for bar oil and found about this can. Husky makes one to but I think they're not available here either. Briggs makes a 2 part can and they're $30. I have 2 Briggs diesel cans and they suck. We use trico oil safe jugs at work but they're $40-50 each so I decided on the Stihl can. It's coming from England and its $85 with shipping. I can give you my thoughts on it once I get it.

Here's the eBay link.

STIHL FUEL COMBI CAN. TWIN TRANSPARENT FOR 5 LITRE FUEL / 3 LITRE CHAIN OIL | eBay

Here's the Stihl UK link. Looks like it's available in clear or orange.

STIHL Products | STIHL | Stihl, Viking, chain saws, brushcutters, hedge trimmers, clearing saws, high-pressure cleaners, lawn mowers, trimmers

Don't you know that unapproved gas cans are weapons that are dangerous to your neighbors who are too stupid to know better than dumping gasoline out of a can onto an open fire? This is even worse than not mowing your grass!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I still have a great 5 gal galvanized steel can that I would hate to see disappear. It must be 40 years old or more. I don't even remember where it came from, some relative that died.

I have the Stihl Farm Boss that runs like a top after sitting out in the garage without being used for a year or more. I have an old little 13 inch though that I tend to struggle with because I leave gas in it and 2 years later it is gummed up.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Real men use ax.

Just kiddin', I have a 025 that's over ten years old and rips. It is scarey powerful.

BTW anyone have a nanny spark arrestor on newer engines? Mine does not and I can't imagine how many forrests I must have carelessly burned down. A friend of mine has a year old Stihl engined multi tool and it was clogged so bad it wouldn't run.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    My thoughts can be summed up this way,
    Stihl is a chainsaw company that also makes trimmers and blowers,
    Echo is a trimmer and blower company that also makes chainsaws.
    I have been using this kind of equipment professionally for 20 years and believe in Stihl saws but Echo blowers and trimmers.
    The Echo Pb755 blower will ruin you forever, nothing else compares.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I have a BR600 with the 4 mix engine. When I was researching before the buy I found a lot of people were having problems with carbon buildup. The hot ticket seemed to be running amsoil saber oil at 100 to 1. I chickened out and have been running it at 75 to 1 and have been fine so far. Im on my 3rd quart of oil using that mix. Im wondering if I can get away with the same mix in my TS400 and MS290??
    By the way I have found the BR600 to be very effective for clearing up to 3 inches of powdery inches of snow at a time.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive got an 090e that was my grandfathers. Great little saw that makes quick work of most things I need to do around the house. Unfortunately the reed valve in it came off in the engine last year. I had to completely disassemble it to get it out. The unfortunate part is when I went to put it back together I lost one of the cylindrical rollers for the connecting rob bearing. So until I find some more it sits in pieces.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Stihl and Husqvarana.

The Stihl Engineers like to borrow my Bro's Dyno for testing (in VA) and after that experience and some conversations, we went all Stihl in terms of small handheld equipment.

Flip your bars!!! It keeps your wear and tear even. When your saw will not cut right, even with a new chain, you have smoked your bar.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Try the no spill brand of gas cans, they are the only new gas cans that work.
    Not entirely true, but damn good, until they break. I am going to go take some pics for you guys, cause I luv ya all so much.

Son of a *****, my new favorite can from last year is a Blitz can and I think they are the one going out of business? Heading over to my hardware store to get another one of these if they are still in stock. Lawyers and Govt are why can't own anything nice anymore.

232323232%7Ffp5434%3A%3Enu%3D3474%3E876%3E5%3C%3B%3E25658766%3B%3C255ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp73499%3Enu%3D4548%3E98%3B%3E255%3EWSNRCG%3D3475366%3B98346nu0mrj

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Stihl and Husqvarana.

The Stihl Engineers like to borrow my Bro's Dyno for testing (in VA) and after that experience and some conversations, we went all Stihl in terms of small handheld equipment.

Flip your bars!!! It keeps your wear and tear even. When your saw will not cut right, even with a new chain, you have smoked your bar.
    This cannot be stressed enough! Even when a bar is "smoked", as long as the bearings are good it can usually be saved by de-grooving it with a flat file. That is as long as you catch it in time of course.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    OHHHH no you DIDN'T!!! That spout is a REALLY sore spot for me. I invented it almost 30 years ago! When I was young, I was a pretty small kid and always spilled gas from our 5 gallon can every time I tried to fill my 3 wheeler or the lawn tractor. I invented this nozzle with a cut off valve and sent my draft into the ISC (invention submission corporation). They sent me back a letter stating that there was basically no way anyone would ever buy it, too expensive to make, etc....low and behold about 8-10 years later they are at every gas station and auto parts store in the country. I WAS ROBBED and am more than a little bit pissed about it.

Top Bottom