• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Does anyone own one and if so what do you think? I'm wanting a ankle holster to carry my PF9 on campus. They also make an anklebiter rap so the holster can be used as an ankle holster as well. I can get the holster and rap for $60. I found a Don Hume ankle holster but it's $75 before tax and shipping and I'm not a huge fan of leather. I'll pay money for a quality product but I like options.

Thanks,
    Chris

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Where do you go to school where you can carry on campus?

It's not illegal to carry on a college campus. It's usually against the school's code of conduct, but that isn't the same as illegal. I'm guessing the "code of conduct" is why he's looking for concealment options.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I have a Remora Holster which apears to be the same thing as a "Sticky Holster". They both come from the same town in Florida as well, so I am thinking that in some way the companies have a connection. Perhaps disgruntled former employee spin off, or something.

I really like mine for IWB carry, I have carried a full size .40 Taurus 24/7 for 8 hours and never worried about it. As for how it would work as an ankle holster, can't really say. I am sure that with the wrap you are speaking of, it would work well. The outside material really does work well at keeping the holster in place.

I can say that Alan at Remora was very friendly and prompt on communications when I ordered mine. He is a Hoosier transplant as well.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have two sticky holsters. One for my J frame and one for a PK380. They work well for what they are and what they cost. Functional, temporary IWB holster. The holster works a better with a good belt. I have not tried the ankle grabber wrap yet, but I am considering picking one up in the near future. I will also probably get a Sticky holster for my Glock 23. There are better holsters, but these are a really good value for $25. My bet is that they would work great with your PF9.

Bite the Bullet has them in stock, and Mark is an INGO supporter.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well U.S Patriot motivated me to buy an ankle biter for my Sticky holster. Wore it for several hours today. Even pushed the cart around WalMart. My J frame stayed put. I think this setup would be awesome with a small .380 or 9mm.

kimberaspen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Hey Side Armed..Jacqui from REMORA here..Glad you like our holster!! REMORA is the original IWB/pocket holster..Alan, who invented the holster is originally from Munster, Indiana. No tight belt needed for this holster.. We have over 100 different styles now, as well as a 3 in 1 ankle holster. I am new to this forum so..nice to meet you all!

Bjmstar82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It's not illegal to carry on a college campus. It's usually against the school's code of conduct, but that isn't the same as illegal. I'm guessing the "code of conduct" is why he's looking for concealment options.

I'm sorry, this may belong as a different thread. I'm of the same belief as Jtgarner on this topic. Maybe I'm wrong and have been misinformed, but everything I have been told or can find, carrying on school property is a class D felony unless you are a LEO of sorts or employed by the school for security purposes. Where or when did this change?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm sorry, this may belong as a different thread. I'm of the same belief as Jtgarner on this topic. Maybe I'm wrong and have been misinformed, but everything I have been told or can find, carrying on school property is a class D felony unless you are a LEO of sorts or employed by the school for security purposes. Where or when did this change?

Universities do not fall within the statutory definition of "school property" as found in the code.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

...DOH, beat to the post!!!

Universities do not fall under the IN definition of "school" perfectly legal to carry on campus, of course if you are a student/staff you'll be expelled/fired, but the rest of us can only be asked to leave... and that gets sticky now, as most universities are state funded, which may run afoul of the new law effective 1/1/2011.... IIRC

Last edited:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

Posting from the phone so can't really look up and quote the relevant IC's at the moment, but it does not include college campuses, unless they house a daycare facility, or elementary thru high school. Because you know... It's all about the children.

As stated college campuses are not a part of the relevant IC in regards to the school clause.

Top Bottom