• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Though the announcement isn't out yet, NPCCC will have its monthly Plate Match on 9/10. Signup at starts at 0800, Shooter Meeting at 0850, Match Starts at 0900. Special match Fee is $20

Special treat this month. MD Bud will have a huge steel course of fire in bay 3. No rimfire division this month. Last time we ran this stage there were over 35 steel targets to shoot - and one stop plate.

I'll be hosting a Shotgun Side Match in our Trap Bay. 25 rounds - 3 stages. One round is $3, Two rounds for $5. There will be multiple divisions to shoot in. Side match is set to run at the same time as the Steel Match. I'll stay after as long as there is interest or I get really tired. Bring your shotgun. 7.5 shot or smaller please. NO SLUGS

We can use some help at setup Friday 9/9 at 1500. Volunteers are Welcome and greatly appreciated at setup, match day, and tear down! Lots of steel to deal with.

http://www.northportercountycc.org/steelplates.htm

-huey

Last edited:

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Looking for interest in the Shotgun Side Match? Anyone plan to shoot? I'm printing score sheets and don't want to run out.

Its low pressure and just plain fun. Unless you are RePete68 who will try to dominate the field! Joe B may give him a run for the $$ though.

Don't worry about what type of shotgun you have. Single shot .410 will knock em down the same.

If this is your first shotgun match I'll help you out.

This is what you will need. Shotgun, shot shells 7.0 or smaller shot, and device to hold your reloads. (cardboard box taped to your belt). Shoot it clean (no miss) and its only 25 rounds.

I hope some of the SASS people show. Its a real show watching them shoot a shotgun.

huey

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I will be there. I can't set up, I work 3p-3a. It will be an early morning for me. I will be there around 8 to help set up the last bit.

I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my new shotgun so I am a no go for the shotgun side match.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I'll be there to shoot my first match with turnandshoot4. I will be showing up at about 8am, but will need to go through the match briefing since it'll be my first time. Probably wont be doing any shotgun, but will be hitting JP or Warsaw after to break out the AR.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Alright, I might shoot the shotgun match and make a fool of myself.

But hey, it should be fun! Anytime smokin Joe runs something, it is good!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    ...I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my new shotgun so I am a no go for the shotgun side match.

If this is the shotgun I think it is, you CAN hit the broadside of a barn. Maybe not every time but you can about half of the time. If the setup is the same on the 'big' stage, I can tell you that you will need every single round you can cram into every single mag you have. and STILL not have enough. I am working nites as well (6pm-6am) so I won't be able to make it for the steel match. Have fun and enjoy yourselves. With this being Aclark's FIRST shoot I hope he doesn't think that they are ALL this tough. LOL

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Practice those reloads ... and don't overthink the stage.

Also, don't forget to practice those reloads.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Reloading with the shotgun is going to be my enemy. I don't have one of those nifty shotgun shell holders for the belt. I will be loading from a m14 pouch on my belt!

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Match is set. Bay three - pistol madness! Who is shooting a Revo? -sorry

Shotgun is pretty straight forward. No tricky stuff. I have a couple adjustments to make tomorrow. Its a nice group of 3 stages.

Its gonna be a fun day!

Turnandshoot - bring the shotgun and plenty of ammo. Its addictive.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Very strong probability that I will be at work. I don't have to go tomorrow but it is too much money to pass up and I have to do what's right for the family. This happens every stinkin time I am looking forward to a match. It happened with the Three-Gun Match in the spring and all summer with the last few Steel Plate Matches.

Ok ... I'm done. I should be thankful I have a job .... and overtime.

:)::)::)::):

If I'm there ... I'm there. If I'm not, knock down a few for me would you, T&S4? If you could spare the ammo and you're fast enough, double tap a few plates for me too ... I'll feel better.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Anyone have pictures of vids. Really wanted to go to this, but got stuck gutting out a strip mall in lake station. Would have much rather shot today, but the cash I made is good too...

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    I think the shotgun match went ok.....

I do need to speed up the action a bit though. Expectations were to be able to shoot the stages during the match however, it didn't work out that way. The short field course was fun however - it bogged the side match down.

So the question is: Should I try this again for the October Steel Plate Match. Something shorter, faster?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well I showed up and shot the steel match. It was a TON of fun. It was also an eye opener, I REALLY need to practice more. I haven't been out hardly at all this summer, and it showed on the smaller plates, 8" weren't too bad, but the 6" were pretty tough.

Also, while I didn't have anything more than an Uncle Mike's holster and a double mag pouch, that was more than enough to start out. I will be looking into some other gear that was suggested, and looked to work well. I think I might have a new weekend activity here.

Finally, the 32 plate stage. WOW!!!!!! This was the first stage you see as you pull in, and being a first timer I was thinking WTF!!!!!! I ended up being in the first group for this stage, and was the 3rd shooter (called me first and I was like, NO WAY!). This was intense. I was shaking, sweating, and got tunnel vision. And that was just during a simple competition. I couldn't even imagine what a real life situation would be like. Although, I did put much of that pressure on myself.

So in the end, I had a lot of fun, and am looking forward to getting out there more.

VAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I enjoyed the shotgun bay. It was a blast to do when the groups got backed up. I would say yes to doing it again, but without the 32 Field O' Poppers slowing down the groups you might have to do something a little faster.

Top Bottom