• Do you use steak sauce?

• Total voters

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I decide if a steak needs additional flavor help after the first 3 bites. So, it depends on the cut and taste of the steak if it will get A-1 or something else.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    Never have been a fan of steak sauce of any kind....I enjoy a well seasoned steak of the grill by itself...the wife likes the stuff though.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I like the taste of A1, but no way going to ruin the the taste of a good steak with it. It's good on cheeseburgers though....

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Steak sauce is for people that don't know how to pick and cook a great cut of meat.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Used to be a small family owned steak house here in Cicero. If you asked for any steak sauce when your order was delivered to the table....the request was repeated to the chef.

All of a sudden you'd hear a loud commotion; shouting; banging: "steak sauce? Oh, HELL NO!" And the chef would come racing out to the table, demanding to know what was wrong with the steak that "he had personally selected, cut, and prepared."

It was always quite the drama, particularly, if the 'offending' customer had requested sauce with out even tasting his steak. The chef would almost break out in tears. And if you had tasted it....and still wanted sauce, the chef would almost 'demand' to cook another steak that would NOT need any type of sauce.

On occasion, I even witnessed him telling the waitress and the table that the steak with the sauce was NO CHARGE.

Sometimes going there was almost like going to "Beef n' Boards" LOL

Glock4life

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Elkhart, IN
    I travel a lot so I find myself at Applebee's restaurants quite a bit. If the steak doesnt have any flavor I use steak sauce. Sometimes I'm too tired to send it back I just want to eat and get back to the hotel to check email and crash for the next days travel.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Rarely will I use A1 on meat. I like it on potatoes (baked, fries, mashed) and burgers, especially the Tabasco A1.

I generally don't need to use sauce on steaks, but I'll use horseradish to enhance the flavor.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Any else order their steaks "Pittsburghed"?
    pittsburgh-style-steak.jpg

Where the steak is "heated to a very high temperature very quickly, so it is charred on the outside but still rare or raw on the inside."

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Any else order their steaks "Pittsburghed"?
    pittsburgh-style-steak.jpg

Where the steak is "heated to a very high temperature very quickly, so it is charred on the outside but still rare or raw on the inside."

Quite often, I'll do that myself. Sear my steak in my cast iron and then toss it under the broiler for just a few minutes. Flavors the outside and seals it in. Although I try for a medium-rare.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Quite often, I'll do that myself. Sear my steak in my cast iron and then toss it under the broiler for just a few minutes. Flavors the outside and seals it in. Although I try for a medium-rare.

Same here. Crank up the heat on the old cast iron skillet. Salt and pepper the steak. Slam it down on the hot pan. Turn it after the first side browns, then into the oven.

Pull em out when they are about 130degrees, pull them from the pan, let them sit tented for about 15 minutes. Perfect rare/med rare steak. :rockwoot:

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    My wife does such a good job with different seasonings and such that I haven't used it in years. We usually buy a side of beef at time. We grill steaks about once a week. There have been some great ideas in this thread. I want to try the lemon only or maybe that with some sea salt.

I do love A-1 on cheese burgers.

Top Bottom