• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Seymour
    Good info. I was about to get a LTCH but I plan on moving to Florida :cool: sooner rather than later. I might just get the 4 year. Any body have a IN LTCH move out of state then move back to IN? Do they cut you any kinda break or is back to square one....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Good info. I was about to get a LTCH but I plan on moving to Florida :cool: sooner rather than later. I might just get the 4 year. Any body have a IN LTCH move out of state then move back to IN? Do they cut you any kinda break or is back to square one....

It is USUALLY not to bad IF YOU notify the State that you are moving out of State and to place your LTCH in an Inactive Status. When moving back into the State you can do the Reverse in advance of the Move and have your LTCH Reactivated...

Issachar1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Randolph County
    This is a very helpful and interesting thread...thanks to all who have researched and shared information on reciprocity. And, like everyone else, I'd like to know "what is the deal with Ohio?"

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    This is a very helpful and interesting thread...thanks to all who have researched and shared information on reciprocity. And, like everyone else, I'd like to know "what is the deal with Ohio?"

They don't accept our permit because we don't have a training requirement.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    They don't accept our permit because we don't have a training requirement.
    Right. As of 6/8/11, of the 50 states, 27 now recognize our LTCH:

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NH, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, and WY.

Of the 23 remaining, two recognize no carry permit at all:

IL, WI

Of the 21 remaining, nine:

CA, CT, HI, MD, MA, NJ, NY, OR, and RI

recognize only their own permits.

The other 12:

DE, KS, ME, MN, NE, NV, NM, OH, SC, VA, WA, and WV recognize some licenses/permits, just not ours. Some do so based on training, others have such criteria for refusing ours as the fact that we :eek: issue the LTCH to people who are not yet 21. When I was trying to get WV to recognize us, I pointed out that they recognize PA, which also does not have a training requirement, and their reply, which took me months (MONTHS!) to get was that the body of laws that PA has are more restrictive. (So in other words, you'll let them carry in your state because of how oppressive their laws are on them in their own state... but you won't let us do so because our state is one that is more respective of liberty? Got it.)

I hold out some small measure of hope that HR 822 will pass the US Congress. It's the first I've seen of its kind that says, "If you (states) issue a state permission slip to carry a firearm, you have to recognize everyone else's issued permission slips." No definitions of some or other places, it just means that the least restrictive standard for obtaining a permit/license is not prohibited from carry. I can only see this as being used in an evidenciary manner to relax those standards in some places. We still could not carry in IL under current law, nor in WI (except OC, and expect to be hassled if we did) but in 48 states, the carry of a firearm would no longer be a crime. Of course, we'd still have to be aware of where those other states restricted carry... banks, bars, public gatherings, restaurants that derive 51% or more of their income from the sale of alcohol, etc., but this would be a great start towards Constitutional Carry everywhere, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Hi I believe if you check with the NRA's List you will find that most States Now have a Recipical Carry Agreement That if thier CC is allowed in Indiana then they will accept your permit,I have been to Ohio and belong to 2 shooting range's and have shot with guy,s who are OHIO state Troopers and there was No Problem,that's the way I understand the new agreement between the States according to the NRA in Effect March 2010.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hi I believe if you check with the NRA's List you will find that most States Now have a Recipical Carry Agreement That if thier CC is allowed in Indiana then they will accept your permit,I have been to Ohio and belong to 2 shooting range's and have shot with guy,s who are OHIO state Troopers and there was No Problem,that's the way I understand the new agreement between the States according to the NRA in Effect March 2010.

Sorry, I believe you're mistaken. That the troopers with whom you shot didn't address you doing what you did does not mean that it is legal, only that they chose to look the other way. (also, Ohio's CC law does not affect OC while there.)

OH has reciprocity agreements with many states, yes. IN is not one of them. We recognize their permit. They do not recognize our LTCH.

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Agreements

Perhaps this will change at some point in the future.

Blessings,
    Bill

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    Don't shoot me but 25 pages is a lot to read through........ I'm driving to tennessee for july 4th weekend, can I cc through kentucky and while I'm in tennessee or do I have to oc?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Don't shoot me but 25 pages is a lot to read through........ I'm driving to tennessee for july 4th weekend, can I cc through kentucky and while I'm in tennessee or do I have to oc?

Both states recognize the Indiana LTCH so you can carry how you like. Just note that they have their own state laws regarding places that are off-limits for carry there.

Jeckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Greenwood
    I read this thread and am a bit concerned. Fam and I are going on vacation in two weeks to NC. I know I am fine there, but I have to go through WV. What do I do? Is there any recourse I have to make sure I don't spend half my vacation dealing with LEO in the unlikely event it is discovered that I am carrying? I'm concerned because if I get hit with a wea[ons charge of any kind I have a lot to lose. On the other hand, I'm NOT traveling at night all the way down there unarmed. As always, your input and expertise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am originally from WV and find it appalling that we aren't reciprocal with them. Over a year ago, I read that Indiana and WV were working on reciprocity but it has yet to happen. Why? What could possibly be the road block?

Every time I go home, I cut through Kentucky to stay out of OH then I have to stop and put the weapon in the trunk before I can visit my family.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom