State Senate District 39: John Waterman needs your vote!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Jim Tomes doesn't steer people wrong too often. I hope that those who worked to unseat his choice, John Waterman, in favor of Eric Bassler, don't regret doing so when the next pro-gun bills come up for a vote.

They may do so because Bassler doesn't do as Waterman would have, or they may do so because whoever the Democrat is that takes Mr. Waterman's seat does as he or she is told by the party. Of course, the possibility exists that they may not regret it at all, and indeed, might be happy to have Mr. Bassler voting for us... But based on Sen. Tomes' letter asking for support for Sen. Waterman, I would doubt that.

I hope very much that Mr. Bassler does not cause us any problems by his taking of the Republican nomination.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Jim Tomes doesn't steer people wrong too often. I hope that those who worked to unseat his choice, John Waterman, in favor of Eric Bassler, don't regret doing so when the next pro-gun bills come up for a vote.

They may do so because Bassler doesn't do as Waterman would have, or they may do so because whoever the Democrat is that takes Mr. Waterman's seat does as he or she is told by the party. Of course, the possibility exists that they may not regret it at all, and indeed, might be happy to have Mr. Bassler voting for us... But based on Sen. Tomes' letter asking for support for Sen. Waterman, I would doubt that.

I hope very much that Mr. Bassler does not cause us any problems by his taking of the Republican nomination.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill, well said, but I have to say that the television commercials right before the election proved that Bassler is a liar. That said, I expect nothing good from liars.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Bill, well said, but I have to say that the television commercials right before the election proved that Bassler is a liar. That said, I expect nothing good from liars.

Nothing more than HOPE & CHANGE GOP Style, Nothing good can come from this. WE lost a proven Pro Gun Conservative for a bought and paid for by the Chamber of Commerce good ole boy who will do the establishments bidding :(

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My mailbox has been stuffed with anti-Waterman fliers for the past two weeks. They seemed to focus on how Waterman was against the coal industry.

Yes they did, and it is a damned lie. John did exactly two things that could remotely be considered to contribute to this. In a committe meeting, where some agents of the coal industry hired a professor from Illinois to convince the committee that it is perfectly safe to dump ash in lakes and it would somehow not only be perfectly safe, but improve the water, John took in a can of bottom ash, a glass of water, stirred ash into the water and challenged the prof to drink. He wouldn't and the bill died in committee. I see this as being like saying that since a man opposed legislation making legal to use your neighbor's house for a backstop, he is anti-gun.

The other incident is that he voted to allow a group of local officials make a sales pitch to a committee for a bill that would create a 5cent per ton tax on any mined or quarried material to redevelop the land. He didn't act in support of the tax, just support for listening to what those people had to say for themselves. Last I heard, listening to your constituents was part of the job.

Aside from this, not only has he been supportive, but has done all he can to create more jobs via coal including arranging investment for coal/biofuel pellets to be produced in his district to keep the coal marketable in the event that Obama managed to seriously mess with environmental regulation.

I hope people are happy with the sock puppet. They would really s**t their pants if they knew the motive behind buying the election but I will let them figure it out for themselves in due time.

Last edited:

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Careful when painting with a broad brush

Clay co. Waterman 630, Bassler 283
    Daviess co. Waterman 1189, Bassler 3649
    Greene co. Waterman 1463, Bassler 962
    Knox co. Waterman 459, Bassler 484
    Martin co. Waterman 429, Bassler 419
    Owen co. Waterman 972, Bassler 530
    Sullivan co. Waterman 939, Bassler 244

Waterman's home county is Sullivan while Bassler's home county is Daviess

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Careful when painting with a broad brush

Clay co. Waterman 630, Bassler 283
    Daviess co. Waterman 1189, Bassler 3649
    Greene co. Waterman 1463, Bassler 962
    Knox co. Waterman 459, Bassler 484
    Martin co. Waterman 429, Bassler 419
    Owen co. Waterman 972, Bassler 530
    Sullivan co. Waterman 939, Bassler 244

Waterman's home county is Sullivan while Bassler's home county is Daviess

All true. The Senate leadership deliberately redistricted such that John lost southern Vigo and the area around Vincennes where he traditionally did well in exchange for Daviess for the purpose of getting rid of him. They have their yes man and Lilly and Cummins, directly and indirectly via the Chamber of Commerce, have an owned legislator who will take their orders as well.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    We just got screwed by big money. I'll miss Waterman. He's the only politician in my life that always contacted me back via phone when I called with a concern whether he agreed with me or not, he at least listened.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    I will second what silver spoon posted. Every time I either emailed John or phoned him, he always returned either my email or phone call very promptly. Now, with the new guy, we shall see how quickly he responds, not with canned statements, but with real concerns. I have concerns that I want his thoughts communicated to me in a clear and concise manner. One of which is how will he address what he will do in removing the constraints that have been placed on gun owners at the state level. Another one of my concerns is in the area of public education.

Rest assured, I will be contacting him on these and other matters.

Top Bottom