• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Jumping all over the OP for reporting what was in an article was goofy. The article says that the shotgun was seized from a car in the parking lot, so did the OP- that should be clear.

As to high-capacity vs. standard capacity, getting all bent out of shape over that is senseless for 2 reasons:

1. Are you saying that you would support a "high capacity" mag ban and that over 30 is "high capacity"? If not, than "high-capacity" vs. "standard-capacity" is irrelevant for our side. Why would you fight over high and standard capacity unless you were prepared to accept restrictions on one.

2. I carried an M-16A1 in the service of Uncle Sam a little over 20 years ago. At that time, I never saw an issue 30 round mag. We only had 20 round mags....20 rounders only the whole time. So compared to the issue 20 rounders, a 30 round mag would be.....DON'T SAY IT....YOU MIGHT BE angrily typed right off of INGO....like "high" vs. "standard" matters anyway.

So- back to the original info., it is what the more reliable reports have said from nearly the beginning. If you listen to the TV report (Pete Williams) that has been cited so many times, the TV reporter made HIS OWN conclusion that there was no rifle based on being told that there were 4 handguns, but he never read exactly what he was told, nor did he specify a source beyond "federal officials". Did these "federal officials" say- 4 guns and he interpreted that as 4 handguns? Don't know. Did the "federal officials" have first-hand knowledge or not? Don't know. Did NBC get the info. directly from the "federal officials" or were they reporting something they think they heard was being said by someone else that came from "federal officials"? Don't know.

Most importantly, the info he references never says "no rifle", it only said "4 handguns" (if, in fact, it said that rather than "4 guns" which would have been 100% accurate), and he clearly surmised that meant no rifle. He never said that the unnamed "federal officials" said "no rifle".

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I was at home watching Fox News and switched around channels when this happened. I did think it was weired, however, they spoke of the handguns, only until later did they mention other firearms. I am not saying it was made up, but wouldn't that be mentioned right away?

karatejoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Greenwood
    To much info proving this shooting never happened. I side with it being a Gov. hoax to push forward the gun ban and further push back the Benghanzi murders.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    #1. Bushmaster .223 caliber– model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips

#2. Glock 10mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer 9mm hand gun

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)

Crazy question but am I the only one that finds the list of firearms somewhat unorthodox? Follow my logic. The firearms were stolen from his mother. She owned an AR-15, Saiga Shotgun, Sig & 10mm Glock? 9mm Sig Sauer pistols and the AR-15 are pretty common guns. But a Glock in 10mm is not quite as common, nor is the Saiga. Now that is not to say that maybe mom appreciated nice guns and had a lot of experience.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This will be my last post ever........ (in this thread)

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    9189283.jpg

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Gun owners turning on themselves ....is like watching a pack of wolves fighting over a dead rabbit who never see the hunter taking aim .....ever hear... together we stand divided we fall

remember who the real threats are my fellow gun Owners and second amendment fighters.....:twocents: :patriot:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Crazy question but am I the only one that finds the list of firearms somewhat unorthodox? Follow my logic. The firearms were stolen from his mother. She owned an AR-15, Saiga Shotgun, Sig & 10mm Glock? 9mm Sig Sauer pistols and the AR-15 are pretty common guns. But a Glock in 10mm is not quite as common, nor is the Saiga. Now that is not to say that maybe mom appreciated nice guns and had a lot of experience.

This was my thought when I read the list.

The weapons seized from the attacker Adam Lanza are as follows, according to the State Police:
    #1. Bushmaster .223 caliber– model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips

#2. Glock 10mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer 9mm hand gun

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)
    UPDATE: State Police Confirm Weapons Used in Newtown Shootings Independent Journal Review

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Why did it take "them" a month to get this info out?

Did they have to call in an "expert" to identify the weapons?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Jumping all over the OP for reporting what was in an article was goofy. The article says that the shotgun was seized from a car in the parking lot, so did the OP- that should be clear.

As to high-capacity vs. standard capacity, getting all bent out of shape over that is senseless for 2 reasons:

1. Are you saying that you would support a "high capacity" mag ban and that over 30 is "high capacity"? If not, than "high-capacity" vs. "standard-capacity" is irrelevant for our side. Why would you fight over high and standard capacity unless you were prepared to accept restrictions on one.

2. I carried an M-16A1 in the service of Uncle Sam a little over 20 years ago. At that time, I never saw an issue 30 round mag. We only had 20 round mags....20 rounders only the whole time. So compared to the issue 20 rounders, a 30 round mag would be.....DON'T SAY IT....YOU MIGHT BE angrily typed right off of INGO....like "high" vs. "standard" matters anyway.

So- back to the original info., it is what the more reliable reports have said from nearly the beginning. If you listen to the TV report (Pete Williams) that has been cited so many times, the TV reporter made HIS OWN conclusion that there was no rifle based on being told that there were 4 handguns, but he never read exactly what he was told, nor did he specify a source beyond "federal officials". Did these "federal officials" say- 4 guns and he interpreted that as 4 handguns? Don't know. Did the "federal officials" have first-hand knowledge or not? Don't know. Did NBC get the info. directly from the "federal officials" or were they reporting something they think they heard was being said by someone else that came from "federal officials"? Don't know.

Most importantly, the info he references never says "no rifle", it only said "4 handguns" (if, in fact, it said that rather than "4 guns" which would have been 100% accurate), and he clearly surmised that meant no rifle. He never said that the unnamed "federal officials" said "no rifle".

I think the OP is the only one who thought Sarge jumped all over the OP. Given that Sarge pretty much caveated the post as a criticism of the language used in general, not OP's choice to quote it verbatim.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Please

I read the article as linked and the replies to this OP. I'm having some difficulty trying to figure out if the comments posted to the article are more ridiculous than some of the replies here.

We seem to be having a problem with target identification! :rolleyes:

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    what shooting? oh that sandy hook "shooting". thats where dept of homeland defense was running a drill and the media thought it was the real thing. ok now i understand.( i bet there wasnt any traces of copper in the barrels of the rifle or handgun)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why did it take "them" a month to get this info out?

Did they have to call in an "expert" to identify the weapons?

They probably had to do so. Remember LE was telling all the media people he used the pistols for the shooting. If they couldn't tell .223 brass that had to be all over the floor of the classroom from pistol brass, I doubt they could identify the models of the weapons.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    a 30 round magazine is NOT a High Capacity Magazine but a magazine of normal proportion

Regardless if it is standard, it is still "high capacity". I don't understand how anyone can argue the contrary.

I should note that I in no way support a ban on magazine capacity before anyone takes my statement out of context like they love to do here on INGO.

Top Bottom