State Park Deer Reduction Hunt draw results are out!!!!!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I got Brown County for the early season, Nov 18 & 19th

Me and my buddies are pumped.

We have area 3

Has anyone hunted this area, if so any suggestions?

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    I got picked for the Dec 1-2 hunt there. Lemme know what you see, where you were, place for a blind, etc., and I'll throw you a 12 pack of home brew?

The best place we have found is once you are in the park take the main road towards the boat ramp. Just before you get to the ramp parking lot there is a small lot with 6 or 8 spaces off to the right. Park there take the path up into to the woods there should be plenty of places to put a blind up in there. There is a path that makes a loop through these woods it has always been a good spot. This is my favorite place to hunt in the park I believe this is our 4th or 5th time on this hunt. Good luck.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    The best place we have found is once you are in the park take the main road towards the boat ramp. Just before you get to the ramp parking lot there is a small lot with 6 or 8 spaces off to the right. Park there take the path up into to the woods there should be plenty of places to put a blind up in there. There is a path that makes a loop through these woods it has always been a good spot. This is my favorite place to hunt in the park I believe this is our 4th or 5th time on this hunt. Good luck.

You're talking about here? http://goo.gl/maps/r5HdG

Wife.gov and I actually walked that path a couple weeks ago, just to get out of the house and in the woods. I kinda thought the same thing... "If I was a deer, I'd love to hang out right around here..."

Thanks!

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    You're talking about here? http://goo.gl/maps/r5HdG

Wife.gov and I actually walked that path a couple weeks ago, just to get out of the house and in the woods. I kinda thought the same thing... "If I was a deer, I'd love to hang out right around here..."

Thanks!

Yes thats the woods. We have hunted all over them seen lots of deer. We didn't get drawn for anything last year so happy to get back there this year. They come running to the woods out of the grass fields around them when the shooting starts. Really good park to hunt I have hunted a few others but this is my favorite.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I got drawn for the late hunt in Versailles. First time I have ever applied. Better do some research to find out proper scouting and stand protocol.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I called DNR about the zones at Versailles and was told there will not be assigned areas this year. As far as scouting and stand protocols, it is all in the info packet you can print when you check your draw results.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I called DNR about the zones at Versailles and was told there will not be assigned areas this year. As far as scouting and stand protocols, it is all in the info packet you can print when you check your draw results.

Interesting. I haven't been outside the blue zone (main interior of park). May have to look at the south and west sides this year.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have hunted the red and blue and had great luck in both. I got the guy below last year in the red and will be in the same tree this year hopefully because he has buddies as big or bigger according to the farmer who saw him when I brought him out. He scored 159 1/2.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I drew my backyard and dont have to ask the DNR for permission nor pay them to take deer on MY land. This one might be seeing me during bow season.

Attachments

• WGI_0012.jpg
      WGI_0012.jpg
      427.8 KB · Views: 1

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    They are now saying they screwed up and will email the areas to the ones that were chosen!!!!

Top Bottom