State Fair / Carry - That time of year again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I was there yesterday and there were not any metal detectors or pat downs or anything, we got stamped and walked right in...

Sounds like they start with the wand and things as it gets late??

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I was there yesterday and there were not any metal detectors or pat downs or anything, we got stamped and walked right in...

Sounds like they start with the wand and things as it gets late??

It seems to me that "spotty enforcement" is the worst thing they can possibly do for public safety. Not enough to keep the bad guys out, but just enough to encourage the good guys to leave it home. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    Nope. Dont need your guns of you go to the fair. Nope. Not at all...

Teens walking to State Fair robbed at gunpoint | Fox 59

What a sad situation. How much did these criminals expect to get? Two guys git robbed at 61st and the Monon yesterday. Again, how much cash do a couple of joggers really carry? We need better educated criminals in this state. Too many stupid people doing dumb crimes for a couple of bucks.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What a sad situation. How much did these criminals expect to get? Two guys git robbed at 61st and the Monon yesterday. Again, how much cash do a couple of joggers really carry? We need better educated criminals in this state. Too many stupid people doing dumb crimes for a couple of bucks.
    No we don't. Smarter criminals makes harder to catch criminals.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, I'm having a hard time thinking of a reason why I'd want to go to the State Fair in the first place.

Potentially being subjected to metal detectors? No.

Potentially being subjected to a freakin' patdown? To go to the freakin' fair? Oh, HELLZ NO. That's never going to happen to this pachyderm. Ever.

Being subjected to silly displays of "security" when there is no reasonable attempt to actually secure the place? No.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They were doing them at the north entrance by the school for the deaf when we went.

On Friday when we got there in the morning, there were no pat downs. However, when we left around 4:30p, there were bag searches and possibly pat downs, but I certainly saw bag searches and "wanding".

Had a great day at the fair. Be sure not to miss the 4-H exhibits- you can see that all is not lost with the next generation. Look for the Shooting Sports projects and you'll see some really neat stuff. In the Cake Decorating area, you may even see a cute cake with butterflies made by my daughter who won her age group in Porter County and earned a blue ribbon at State.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nice knowing the bad guys around the State Fairgrounds can do their thing safe in the knowledge the vast majority of fair-goers have been disarmed.

If I had to choose between beer or guns inside I'd take guns any day. In a free Republic where we are responsible for our actions we'd have both.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Nice knowing the bad guys around the State Fairgrounds can do their thing safe in the knowledge the vast majority of fair-goers have been disarmed.

If I had to choose between beer or guns inside I'd take guns any day. In a free Republic where we are responsible for our actions we'd have both.

Let's not forget the same situation exists in a more offensive way at the Indiana Government Centers. Perhaps the part of town isn't as bad, but all visitors have to pass through metal detectors. Naturally, anyone who works in the buildings and has an i.d. can bypass the metal detectors. 'Cause that makes sure everyone is Super Safe.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It seems to me that "spotty enforcement" is the worst thing they can possibly do for public safety. Not enough to keep the bad guys out, but just enough to encourage the good guys to leave it home. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

100% agree!

Top Bottom