• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    It's not for a particular gun, just sort of generically sized like Uncle Mike's holsters. Look at the picture, there's no way to establish a proper grip on that pistol. Women limp wrist more than men to begin with, handicapping them with a low grip isn't a good idea.

Look at the cant and how far back on the ribs it is (and that's also how their instructional video shows it). Now mime trying to draw it. How contorted is your elbow and wrist? Is that a good idea?

Look at the retention strap. That's a sure mark of a cheap holster, when instead of a proper thumb break that you defeat while drawing you've got a velcro strap. Drawing now has an extra step. Pull retention strap (which can potentially fall back down between your hand and the back strap), then establish grip.

It's marketed as a "holster pocket", you velcro on the "correct" size "holster pocket" for your gun. I'm sorry the following pic is huge, but it gives you a better idea of the fit and quality (or lack there of) in this sausage sack of a holster:

IMG_0424__02802.1459882089.1280.1280.JPG

HTF do you even dig that out?

Note the Lotus is sewn on, not velcro'd on like this, but otherwise pretty same-same and same maker.

I'd agree with all of that although this holster seems way sloppier than the black model in the other pic.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'd agree with all of that although this holster seems way sloppier than the black model in the other pic.

You might as well saw a sock to your t-shirt and carry your gun in it.
    I can't believe that white holster is a professionally made thing ... looks like a homemade thing a newbie would make in 10 minutes.
    Both a sewing newbie and a gun newbie.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That picture is from the French movie Brotherwood of the wolf.

ee4e6052d2d960c9daa974bdf1c88197.jpg

d0e5015ef0379bef6a6f51b70bb4a8eb.jpg

And loosely (very) based on true events.....Sylvain as a fan of flintlocks I got to say that movie did not disappoint.....Perhaps one day you can fill me in on the spate of wolf attacks in France back then that were blamed on a "Loup Garou"????

My understanding is even the military got involved...

600px-Le_Pacte_des_loups_IP_1.jpg
    400px-Le_Pacte_des_loups_musket_3.jpg
    600px-Le_Pacte_des_loups_pistol_2.jpg

This is the best I could come up with...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Gévaudan

Gevaudanwolf.jpg

1280px-Wolf_of_Chazes.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And loosely (very) based on true events.....Sylvain as a fan of flintlocks I got to say that movie did not disappoint.....Perhaps one day you can fill me in on the spate of wolf attacks in France back then that were blamed on a "Loup Garou"????

My understanding is even the military got involved...

600px-Le_Pacte_des_loups_IP_1.jpg

400px-Le_Pacte_des_loups_musket_3.jpg

600px-Le_Pacte_des_loups_pistol_2.jpg

This is the best I could come up with...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Gévaudan

Gevaudanwolf.jpg

1280px-Wolf_of_Chazes.jpg

Wolf attacks in France are not a thing of the past.
    The government is killing 40 wolves a year.

Over 8,000 farm animals, mostly sheep, were killed in attacks blamed on wolves in the past year -- mainly in the south-east of the country.
    Farmers say that electric fences and fearsome dogs are powerless in the face of the predators and are demanding greater culls.

The government gave the green light for the slaughter of up to 40 wolves by July 2018 -- unchanged from 2016/2017 -- representing a little over 10 percent of France's growing wolf population.

[FONT=&quot]FRANCE will let its wolf population grow by 40 per cent, despite anger from farmers worried for their sheep.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Wolves were eradicated from France by hunting in the 1930s, but since the 90s they have been creeping back from Italy. There are now thought to be 360 wolves in France.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The government announced a new strategy this week that will allow the population to grow to 500 by 2023.[/FONT]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This thread is not about wolves but foxes and maybe cougars, yeah, sure definitely hot cougars.

Now, less talky and more posty.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Yup.
    I'm sure he affected her even more than he did affect us. She worked with him for a bit.

I just figured out why none of this is making any sense to me (and my comment probably didn't make any sense to you either). Explanation: My work location blocks youtube, so any posts with youtube vids literally come out looking like a blank page. On my end, they appear to have no content whatsoever (thus the "speechless" comment). But then I remembered that INGO won't allow a totally blank post, they have to contain at least one character. I didn't understand why so many posts here all of a sudden have absolutely zero content. Then it dawned on me that it's a computer thing, the imbedded youtube vids simply don't show up, at least not on my end. Some folks take a little longer to catch on than others. :dunno: At least I get INGO here, better than other locations I have worked at.

Carry on.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I just figured out why none of this is making any sense to me (and my comment probably didn't make any sense to you either). Explanation: My work location blocks youtube, so any posts with youtube vids literally come out looking like a blank page. On my end, they appear to have no content whatsoever (thus the "speechless" comment). But then I remembered that INGO won't allow a totally blank post, they have to contain at least one character. I didn't understand why so many posts here all of a sudden have absolutely zero content. Then it dawned on me that it's a computer thing, the imbedded youtube vids simply don't show up, at least not on my end. Some folks take a little longer to catch on than others. :dunno: At least I get INGO here, better than other locations I have worked at.

Carry on.
    Imgur does that for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom