• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Carrying can be somewhat of an issue depending on what you want to carry and what you are wearing. I used to carry a Bersa .380 CC because it was easy to carry in a soft holster in a pocket but even then it felt heavy. Then I carried a P3AT which if tucked into a pocket worked great for running, which I don't do anymore due to feet problems and age. I carried a Kimber CDP Pro II in the winter in an IWB holster for some time but kept hitting the handgrip on things.

I decided that for my level of experience I would go to a DA/SA gun and after a long period of not carrying anything started carrying a Sig MK25 in a Blackhawk carbon fiber Sherpa holster. I have been doing that for a while now and am very used to the weight and have little problem with it but I do like conceal and keep pulling my shirt or coat down to make sure the tip does not show.

So that led me to look for IWB holster. One thing that makes this possible is that I have been losing weight and now have enough room in my pants to carry IWB. LOL

So I ordered a Hidden Hybrid holster with a double mag carrier and a new gun belt to hold it all together. Don't know if anyone here has any experience with Hidden Hybrid and I have not received mine yet.

For some reason many of us end up with a plethora of holsters.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    pQv6eWx.jpg

The does look comfortable.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I really like the Alien gear holsters for iwb. I have their leather and the 3.0 version like both. Very comfortable iwb holsters. I cut timber and be it winter or summer they seem very comfortable. I carry a full size pistol everyday. Also they have 100% warranty and I've used it a few times to get replacement belt clips because I wear them out. Great company they just send you new clips free shipping and free of charge. I've used their holsters for around 7 years I've gotten 2 sets of belt clip replacements in that time frame.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It is amazing the little differences some things can make, like a car maker touting 2" more legroom or something that I wouldn't think makes a difference but does.

I enjoy making my own leather/kydex holsters and have sold a few and made some for friends and the little details can make all the difference. Rivet or screw placement, angles of mounting, angles of molding (trying to get the grip tighter against body), the trim of the leather to protect the body but allow a good grip seem minor differences that I notice from holster to holster. I have evolved to using fairly thin leather and the thinner kydex, when I see a Crossbreed or the like with leather nearly twice as thick and very stiff it stuns me every time. I just looks so uncomfortable to me. That being said if mine was hanging next to a Crossbreed I wouldn't buy mine, more is always better, right? Mine do seem to weaken in the area between the belt clips and the kydex fairly quick but I have decided to just make a new one if needed.

I guess my point is that we end up with a lot holsters like you said, probably because little details really do matter.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I've started using an ankle holster and like it a lot. I've tried two in the past few weeks. Both well known and one is extremely comfortable. It has a high strap and then the holster is below that, both are snugged up to the leg. But it is hardly felt at all while wearing. The other one pretty much forms to the calf. After a few hours some adjustment should be made due to the bulk pressing against the leg. But still not bad. Depending on where I am going traditional belt carry it nice. I like the ankle holster as I can wear it right into the office and no one knows. There are some who do the same and a very ladies have something in their purse.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, I got the holster and cannot use the retention screw for the trigger guard or I cannot extract the firearm. It wears better than the OWB holster as it does not take my pants down. Without the screw I can draw and with a better belt I don’t think it will come loose but a little disappointed.

Been losing weight and will need to lose more to get the double mag holder to fit.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, as hard as I try, I too have "extra" holsters. I have a leather and kydex holster for my shield and so far just a kydex for my 2.0 Compact.

I haven't bought anything yet for my 442. If Bravo made one for it, I'd buy it and be done.

I don't do IWB or ankle so that helps but there is still so many options just in OWB.

Top Bottom