• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what are people seeing? Lots of Millennials? Middle aged white guys? Feminists? Muchachos?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Got there before 6 AM, still took over an hour to vote. A few young people, lots of older folks, about even by gender. One guy asked another, apparently a hunter, about the amendment. He said "Nah, don't vote for it. You're already covered." DOH!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    AvonWashington Township Library in at 0602 out of 702. Two machines

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I skipped the line and went in the port-o-potty to cast my vote.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Got to my polling place at 6:35 am. There was a line out the door, around 40 people in line. I was the 62nd person to vote in my precinct...and it's not a heavily populated precinct. 25 minutes n and out. The line moved fast. I voted for my first Libertarian...there was no Republican running against Visclosky.

Yep, pretty busy.

...and voter turnout will be the wild-card in these elections. Polls are weighted based, in large part, on party preference according to historical voter turnout. I don't know that many elections in the past are an accurate predictor of what's going on today.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I usually vote early, but decided to sleep in.

Just finished off a steak.

Will hit the shower and head to the polls shortly.

**** employers. Vote, as long as it takes.

My employer "gets it". This is what we got from HR yesterday:

Good Morning Everyone, In the support of everyone’s right to vote, attendance points will not be assessed tomorrow (Tuesday November 8th) for those who are late due to voting. Exercise your right to vote!

They clarified later that you had to tell your boss and you need to provide proof (the handy sticker for instance) but they get it.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    So what are people seeing? Lots of Millennials? Middle aged white guys? Feminists? Muchachos?

When I early voted last Thursday in Lafayette, the vast majority (atleast 85%) were white women over 50 years old. We also had three black males during my 45 minute wait. I'm a white (mostly) male in my forties.

FYI: there are 18 candidates running for POTUS; 3 are on the ballot. The rest you have to select the 'write in' box and type the name of your candidate. I voted for Darrell L. Castle of the Constitution Party.
    castle smaller.JPG

...and Rex Bell for Governor

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    At our polling site there was a steady stream of people coming in but no lines. However, we were greeted at the door by a young lady handing out a list of democratic candidates and instructions how to vote democratic straight ticket...less than 10ft from a voting machine and less than 20ft from where people fill out the ballot. That always chaps my tail. I feel like they prey on 1st time voters or those who maybe waffling at the last minute.
    Does anyone know how far away these people have to be?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

A little busier than usual but demographics did not look much different than any other Presidential election year.

At 7:30am near downtown Fort Wayne saw the same people I see in the neighborhoods we walk in. Mostly adults with and a mix of white collar and blue collar men and women. Too early in the morning for the Millennials to drag their butts out of bed. The old people have all day but were probably there when the polls opened at 6:00am.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We went in Saturday morning and had a 1 hr 20 total investment. The poll workers thanked me for thanking them for moving us through so quickly. She said I wouldn't believe how rude some people can be when they don't get what they want when they want it.

:laugh:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I went around 0600 this morning, and literally walked right in with no line. Maybe that's a good sign though, considering I live in the Peoples Republic of Bloomington :laugh:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I skipped the line and went in the port-o-potty to cast my vote.

:yesway:

I went around 0600 this morning, and literally walked right in with no line. Maybe that's a good sign though, considering I live in the Peoples Republic of Bloomington :laugh:

Probably because of this:

Too early in the morning for the Millennials to drag their butts out of bed.

By the time they've dragged their butts out of bed, eh, it's just too much hassle to drive down to the polls and wait in line in their jammies.

Top Bottom