• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    If you are caught, you'll be asked to leave. It's not criminal unless you refuse. In my opinion it's absolute bull**** that a publicly funded building is allowed to skirt the law this way, but there you have it.

hoosier978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    I'd say it's worth the risk of trying. May wanna put your piece somewhere that might be mistaken as a belt or whatnot in case you get wanded

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Yea the "security wands" ha my belt didn't set them off what a joke. Nobody set them off with anything why even do it

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Yea the "security wands" ha my belt didn't set them off what a joke. Nobody set them off with anything why even do it

So the folks who profit most from the money generated from these events can rest easy knowing they have some form of security. Even if its a complete joke..:noway:

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Its not the CIB that won't let you carry there its the NFL who leases it for the games....Just FYI

Yet another reason to stay home and watch the game on TV (or just boycott it all together). No traffic, comfortable seating, inexpensive drinks, clean bathroom, no drunks, $100 still in your pocket, gas still in your car, and oh yeah, personal safety. Just my :twocents:.

Dwight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Yet another reason to stay home and watch the game on TV (or just boycott it all together). No traffic, comfortable seating, inexpensive drinks, clean bathroom, no drunks, $100 still in your pocket, gas still in your car, and oh yeah, personal safety. Just my :twocents:.

So right! I feel this way about most live events. Never worth the money or the stress...

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010

I've boycotted it, I'm going to write my local representative to look into how they get away with removing rights in a publicly funded building. I don't care if its the queen of england there, we taxpayers paid for the building.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've boycotted it, I'm going to write my local representative to look into how they get away with removing rights in a publicly funded building. I don't care if its the queen of england there, we taxpayers paid for the building.

It's a private property paid with public money.I can see how many people believe it should be public.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I too attended and had metal in my pockets, belt and didn't hear the wand go off. What I did hear was the PSA mention guns are prohibited.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

It's a private property paid with public money.I can see how many people believe it should be public.

Close. It was funded by the taxpayers, yes. However, a private organization is renting the building out so they can set the rules as they see fit.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    ^^^ Which should be illegal, it is public property period, we the tax payers own it, we set the rules, not a private corporation.

This is one of many things that must be changed. A private corporation should not be allowed to violate constitutional rights on public property.

If the colts want to pay the taxpayers back for the entire cost of the building that is perfectly fine with me... looks like they have a 800 some odd million dollar bill to pay up.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven

Or go one step further and don't waste time or money watching other people play sports. I'll never understand how people get enjoyment from it. It's like watching someone else play a videogame; just go play it yourself. :twocents:

^^^ Which should be illegal, it is public property period, we the tax payers own it, we set the rules, not a private corporation.

This is one of many things that must be changed. A private corporation should not be allowed to violate constitutional rights on public property.

If the colts want to pay the taxpayers back for the entire cost of the building that is perfectly fine with me... looks like they have a 800 some odd million dollar bill to pay up.

What happens when the state football and marching band competitions rent the stadium? Can you still carry then based on this argument?

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    ^^^ Yes you should be able to do that... again many laws need to be changed, Public property= Public property regardless who is using it.
    It should not be illegal to carry a handgun into a school for law abiding citizens. Criminals by definition break the law regardless of what it states.

Top Bottom