• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't understand the big surprise. These are 70 series guns correct? Setup for competition?
    I think the scandal, insofar as there even is one, is that Staccato's attempts to mitigate the inertia fire possibility in the Series 70 weren't entirely successful. Whatever they did in terms of lightening or springing the firing pin was not enough to let you slam it nose first on concrete.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Did everyone miss the part about a police department thinking they NEEDED their officers carrying a near $4300 1911 style gun? Is it actually necessary to carry with the hammer back already? What about the drop test with the hammer in its resting place.
    I think it’s funny and as one of the comments mentioned that LAPD back in he late 90’s whenever went with Kimber because if it just had to have a 1911 with a series 80 FP block then quietly went with the staccato recently.

Like why do LE agencies buy sniper rifles that cost thousands when the I can’t think of any LE Sniper shot that requires a distance of over 200 yard something a 600 dollar Remington Police 700 bolt gun with another 700 dollars in optics would do with even the most minimal standard scoring sniper.
    But that whole GWOT and envying the Military caused a cool cat clause I guess!

Last edited:

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I’ve owned on….. never felt unsafe. I’ve carried series 70 Colts cocked and locked never felt unsafe because as Boge Quinn says the best safety is between your ears!!! I’ve never dropped a gun…. Whether handgun or rifle. I would expect a discharge from a 70 series trigger…. Not the guns fault it would be mine for dropping it like a dumba**!!! I’m still not convinced of an inherent design flaw with the Sig 320 ( but screw Sig) not the self firing Glocks etc….. I believe alot of accidental discharges are human error or idiots throwing their guns down to make a video trying to make themselves relevant!!! Your not relevant your an idiot and anyone who purposefully throws a $4300 pistol down……I’m starting to channel my inner Red Foreman so I’ll stop LOL!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom