• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Yeah, I go to St. Elmo's for the shrimp cocktail. Unfortunately their filet can't touch the filet @ Ruth's Chris.

+1 St. Elmo's

+1 Ruth's Chris, they've seen me carry in there on multiple occasions after checking my coat and never even bat an eye. They also have the best filet in town.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Yeah, I go to St. Elmo's for the shrimp cocktail. Unfortunately their filet can't touch the filet @ Ruth's Chris.

+1 St. Elmo's

+1 Ruth's Chris, they've seen me carry in there on multiple occasions after checking my coat and never even bat an eye. They also have the best filet in town.

I have the shrimp cocktail and a drink at St. Elmo's then mosey down to Ruth Chris for a steak.:rockwoot:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I have the shrimp cocktail and a drink at St. Elmo's then mosey down to Ruth Chris for a steak.:rockwoot:

A man after my own heart. St. Elmo's is a great "after work we're going to go hang out" place. Good music, great appetizers.

Usually RC is reserved for special occasions for the wifey and I. We usually make it there about 3-5 times a year.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We and another couple went to Elmos a few weeks ago. My GF doesn't eat seafood so she just sat back and laughed while watching the 3 of us eat that explosive cocktail sauce. I swear I don't know how we survived without spontaneous human combustion. I swore I'd never eat it again and can't wait to go back and get some more. On topic; nobody saw the .45 24/7 under my shirt either!

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    x2. I work in a meat/seafood department and all the pre-made cocktail sauces are crap in comparison to just making your own.

Squirt some good ketchup in a bowl, then add your desired amount of horseradish, and then a squirt of lemon juice to top it off. Every now and then, I add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce or Louisiana hot sauce if I want a little bit of a different flavor. I also love my sauce extremely spicy!

Two splashes of worchestshire sauce at the end and its perfect.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    +1 For St Elmos, Lettuce wedge with the blue cheese vinagrette. It was awesome.

Ate at Lawry's in Chicago and Vegas. Meals was OK.

Charlies Steak house in Tampa Fla. was really good,

and Berns Steak house in Tampa was exceptional!

I'm working my way down the airplane magazines steak house lists!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    ...the inability to eat in restaurants has saved me much money, money that I can spend on you know what.
    That's illegal... :D

IC 35-45-4-3
    Patronizing a prostitute
    Sec. 3. A person who knowingly or intentionally pays, or offers or agrees to pay, money or other property to another person:
    (1) for having engaged in, or on the understanding that the other person will engage in, sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct with the person or with any other person; or
    (2) for having fondled, or on the understanding that the other person will fondle, the genitals of the person or any other person;
    commits patronizing a prostitute, a Class A misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class D felony if the person has two (2) prior convictions under this section.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.5. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.78; Acts 1979, P.L.301, SEC.2; P.L.310-1983, SEC.4.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hear certain occupations are immune from this statute.

Frankie sez it's just a mistake and we have to move on.;):D

Besides, like Chick McGee always says, the best looking hookers are always cops.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I ate at a Morton's in Pittsburg out of default for the lack of a RC.

The meal was not a memorable dinner so I never ate at the one in Indy.

Thats funny, a guy I work with just took his wife to Morton's last weekend... he said exactly the same thing. Ok, well not EXACTLY, he actually thought it was memorable, but not in a good way. He said the food was "so-so" and the service sucked.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Anyone try Morton's for Fillets?

Thats funny, a guy I work with just took his wife to Morton's last weekend... he said exactly the same thing. Ok, well not EXACTLY, he actually thought it was memorable, but not in a good way. He said the food was "so-so" and the service sucked.

Yes, I've eaten a filet at Mortons three times. All three times they have been less than stellar, better than average.

I've eaten at Ruth's Chris probably 2-3 times per year for the last 10 years or so and I've yet to have a filet that was anything short of amazing.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood

IC 35-45-4-3
    Patronizing a prostitute
    Sec. 3. A person who knowingly or intentionally pays, or offers or agrees to pay, money or other property to another person:
    (1) for having engaged in, or on the understanding that the other person will engage in, sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct with the person or with any other person; or
    (2) for having fondled, or on the understanding that the other person will fondle, the genitals of the person or any other person;
    commits patronizing a prostitute, a Class A misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Class D felony if the person has two (2) prior convictions under this section.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.5. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.78; Acts 1979, P.L.301, SEC.2; P.L.310-1983, SEC.4.
    So, buying the wifey some nice earrings for her birthday with the expectation of.........

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana

IC 35-45-4-3
    Patronizing a prostitute

Good one.

Terry

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

IC 35-45-4-3
    Patronizing a prostitute

Wow. Didn't realize we outlawed marriage. :dunno:

Top Bottom