• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Went to St. Elmo's tonight wearing my Sig P239 in a Crossbreed Supertuck with a dress shirt tucked in over it.

Nobody saw or noticed it... but I was seriously afraid the heat from that shrimp cocktail was going to cause the round in my chamber to ignite. Whew, what an experience.

So careful carrying at St. Elmo's... limit how much of that sauce you put in your mouth at once. :D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You should of went to Ruth Chris. The piano player and bartender would talk your ears off about guns.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You guys have done something this evening I would NEVER do.

I would never do it because I could not do it and live. I have a deadly shrimp allergy, I cannot eat in a restaurant that serves shrimp because of the risk of contamination, it happened once before and I spent two days in a hospital after having eaten french fries that were cooked in the same oil as the shrimp. Never again. I was ill for weeks following.

I never thought much of shrimp anyway and the inability to eat in restaurants has saved me much money, money that I can spend on you know what.

Best regards,

Terry

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    cause its fresh. thats how you know its quality cocktail sauce. i have never found anything at the store even close to as good as their cocktail sauce no matter how much $$ its costed, it all sucks in comparison

Gotta make it yourself, my dad makes his own for Xmas dinner and it's just as good as St. Elmo's

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Ooh, that's rough... The only thing rougher would be a bacon allergy :O

I would never do it because I could not do it and live. I have a deadly shrimp allergy, I cannot eat in a restaurant that serves shrimp because of the risk of contamination, it happened once before and I spent two days in a hospital after having eaten french fries that were cooked in the same oil as the shrimp. Never again. I was ill for weeks following.

I never thought much of shrimp anyway and the inability to eat in restaurants has saved me much money, money that I can spend on you know what.

Best regards,

Terry

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Ooh, that's rough... The only thing rougher would be a bacon allergy!

Best regards,

Terry

Last edited:

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Gotta make it yourself, my dad makes his own for Xmas dinner and it's just as good as St. Elmo's

x2. I work in a meat/seafood department and all the pre-made cocktail sauces are crap in comparison to just making your own.

Squirt some good ketchup in a bowl, then add your desired amount of horseradish, and then a squirt of lemon juice to top it off. Every now and then, I add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce or Louisiana hot sauce if I want a little bit of a different flavor. I also love my sauce extremely spicy!

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Yep, buy your own horseradish root and shred it yourself. Always add the cocktail sauce to the horseradish, not the horseradish to the cocktail sauce.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    When I seen this thread... I thought it was gonna be a rant about St. Elmo's being anti-carry. Glad to see it wasn't. :yesway:

I've worked closely with St. Elmo's as a client for my company for the past 5 years and I was already picking up the phone to give Hughes and Clifford (Owner & GM) a call. lol

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I like shrimp...

And I like shrimp cocktail...

But I don't like to torture myself with foodstuffs so hot that I can no longer taste the food that I'm wishing to eat.

To ME, that's dumb.

Plus, to pay that much for a few shrimp is, again dumb. (to me)

The only time I was there (this past July), it was fun to see $500,000 worth of car sitting out front, though.

-J-

kpt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Northeast Indy
    Oh yeah... I forgot about that stuff...
    The boss (work, not wife) is taking a bunch of us to Harry and Izzy's tonight for a "business meeting"... I'll have to make sure I order some.
    (Drooling just thinking about it!)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Oh yeah... I forgot about that stuff...
    The boss (work, not wife) is taking a bunch of us to Harry and Izzy's tonight for a "business meeting"... I'll have to make sure I order some.
    (Drooling just thinking about it!)

Get two orders, after eating dinner there 3 times I have yet to find a main course that is worth the visit.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I took my fiance (now wife) to St. Elmo's for a special dinner. Felt ripped off. I'm fine with paying for a special dinner, but I'll spend the money up at Sullivan's or get better quality for cheaper at Bynum's where the shrimp and sauce is just as good.

I've never paid so much for an OK steak and brown steak fries. Yes, brown. I think St. Elmos isn't worth the coin.

Top Bottom