• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Cool plane....I loved the guy in the backgraound having a smoke while the lady stood by with fire extinguisher as they were fueling the plane....:D

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    the g/f heard the engines spool up and all she said was "NO!!!" and i said "but i need it" i don't think i will be getting one anytime soon but very awsome:rockwoot:

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    What about mounting a couple of model rockets under the wings? should'nt be too hard to figure out on how to ignite them with a battery and a hot wire. Couple of metal loops glued to the fuselage of the rocket and a couple of open ended brackets under the wing should hold it there until launching. Later, Bob

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Since air doesn't "scale down" to match the size of aircraft, plus the very intricate design of the Blackbird, you probably wouldn't get it off the ground if you broke up the aerodynamics with external accessories. Well, maybe off the ground, but no control. That is an amazing RC project, though. Mercy!

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    That is cool! Not quite as cool as the real thing...
    DSC00310.jpg

A few years ago the AF museum was reorganizing all of their displays. In one of the large hangers there were a bunch of planes just parked, no ropes, nothing. Their SR-71 was just sitting there with one of the spare engines right next to it. It was pretty cool being able to get right up to it. You could get right up and touch a lot of historic aircraft.

Top Bottom