• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Hangar 18, I... know too little?

I always thought jet engines must be fairly difficult to build, but apparently there are a few places, such as United Nuclear, which will allow you to purchase kits.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    C'mon guys. I KNOW some of your wheels are turnin'!

What kind of armament do you think that little beauty would carry?

The REAL question(s) is/are, how far could you go to arm something like this, before you get yourself into real trouble?

I'd say it was about 7-9' long, and it was surely quick! I could easily see this carrying a couple of AK's under each wing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    C'mon guys. I KNOW some of your wheels are turnin'!

What kind of armament do you think that little beauty would carry?

The REAL question(s) is/are, how far could you go to arm something like this, before you get yourself into real trouble?

I'd say it was about 7-9' long, and it was surely quick! I could easily see this carrying a couple of AK's under each wing.

Top-of-my-head?

Cameras with bluetooth/RF transmission capability for real-time reconnaissance would be the best option.

Armament would be technically-tricky to set up, as I am not very mechanically-inclined, and creating an automated weapons system might qualify it as a trap-gun or AOW or something ridiculous... or worse.

So, probably most useful as a sweet little recon tool.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Armament would be technically-tricky to set up, as I am not very mechanically-inclined, and creating an automated weapons system might qualify it as a trap-gun or AOW or something ridiculous... or worse.

Yes, that was discussed here when a gun attached a gun to a RC helicopter
    with automated firing (push button) essentially creating a flying machine gun.

EDIT: can't find the discussion thread, but here are two similar threads......

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/16770-how_long_until_the_military_has_one_of_these.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/52424-rc_f-22_a.html

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yes, that was discussed here when a gun attached a gun to a RC helicopter
    with automated firing (push button) essentially creating a flying machine gun.

See, now that's what I'm talking about! I was willing to bet you would NOT be allowed to possess a "flying machine gun"!

That said, a lot of states have laws, or are pushing to adopt laws that say you can manufacture your own weapons, as long as you don't sell them, and as long as they remain on your property.

I imagine Mrs. Cravitz calling the local PD about a "flying machine gun" would be probable cause for a search, of your property, or hers!:laugh:

Anyone recognize the reference?:dunno:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive learned after a few years flying RC planes that there is no limit to what guys will do to have the biggest baddest plane in the air! ;)

Cool thing is RC jet planes are becoming more and more common. Years ago, about the only technology available was what we called a "ducted fan", which was basically your standard RC engine, with a small fan attached, that was ducted from the front of the plane. This was able to produce enough thrust to fly the plane, but it was nothing compared to a real jet. Over the last few years, real working jet engines have become readily available, and are very reliable. You dont have to buy a kit, you can just buy the engine, bolt it in, and go. Very cool stuff!

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Fantastic aircraft. I've flown R/C since 1975. Few years ago looked into building a similar project. 2 engines, 6" in diameter were $7,800 ea. Materials to scratch build a craft that was a bit over 6' in length came out to be about $8,000 + unknown hours to build. Decided to go a different route. Built a Cesna 310 twin instead.

BTW, mounting functional firearms on something like this is a good way to get permenant room and board someplace you don't want to go.

Top Bottom