• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mancosman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Just bought an SR40 about 3 weeks ago I have had 0 problems with it, until today when I was cleaning it.

One of the pins does not stay in and Im not sure why..any help would be greatly appreciated!!

This is the pin
    Photo06112035.jpg

This is the problem vid

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    Did you take it all the way apart. Almost looks like to me that the firing assembly isn't seated properly. On phone so I can't watch video. Also, have you tryed switching the pin around? Sorry I couldn't be more help

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It is probably a standard Xmm roll pin or similar, so just google the manufacturers parts specs, and you can surely order another pin for a couple dollars from anywhere.

EDIT, whoops I thought you lost it. Check mfg website or youtube for assembly instructions. You may just need to put the pin in while the slide is back, or trigger is forward.

Mancosman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Yeah I took it all the way apart, and put it back together and checked and double checked, everything works, just the pin doesnt fit. the 2 pins (other one just up to the left are "notched" so you know where they go. its in the right spot. someone with an sr9c said he has the same problem with his on a different pin. he said he used blue locktite to fix it because they are just pressfit pins that to send it back to ruger would be a long process for it. Im going to take it back to where I bought it from (blythes) tomorrow and see what they can do since I bought it only a few weeks ago.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    what do you mean it does not stay in? does it fall out if you tilt it sideways? on my SR40 the pins were very easy to take out, i could do it with my finger nail.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    sorry i didnt watch the vid before i posted. maybe something is put together slightly wrong? there also might be a spring clip in the locking block that holds the pins in place and maybe it is not installed correctly?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    sorry i didnt watch the vid before i posted. maybe something is put together slightly wrong? there also might be a spring clip in the locking block that holds the pins in place and maybe it is not installed correctly?

This. I'm decently familiar with the SR internals. There is a "spring" that is shaped like the Winnebago "W" only a V instead of a W. (maybe that makes sense.) It captures the small grooves on the pins and keeps them in place. It can be a real booger to get seated properly. My guess would be that is seated improperly and not capturing the pin.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Here is a pic I had on hand. There should be that springy "v" thing with a long tail that fits into the dipper-shaped groove. Don't have a pic with it in though. You can see how it goes onto the pin holes and captures the grooves in the crosspins.
    IMG_1632.jpg

SILVERBACK

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    MONROVIA
    +1 On the little spring lost mine the 1st time cleaning when it was new, thought I got pins mixed up, picked up one of the pins and seen an extra part. Now that's OK on the IN LAWS cars but NOT my guns.

Mancosman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I dropped it off at Blythes they replaced the pins and springs for the pin and slide lock, as far as i know. (most of the cost was labor time) Unfortunately the gun is less than 4 weeks in my possession and I already have $20+ in repairs even though I didn't do anything wrong, just somehow didn't line up right. but it is what it is just happy to have it back.
    Just installed the Ghost trigger reset bar and soon some other galloway parts. hope the springs are done givin me trouble.

Top Bottom