• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I'm just wondering who has a SR1911............Beside me that is! :rockwoot:
    Got a call from Beech Grove Firearms this morning. I've been on the waiting list for about 28 years (more or less) and they just got one. It came home with me. Gonna' shoot it tomorrow!

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Welcome to the Sr1911 group. I got one a couple weeks ago....... I really like it. A great looking piece. Hopefully, you'll receive one of Ruger's customers appreciation packages in the mail. I got mine last week. A fantastic hat and several Ruger product / logo badges.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Haven't taken any photos but it looks exactly like this.

Ruger® SR1911™ Centerfire Pistol Models

Scratching my head. The Ruger website says the barrel twist is 1:16 but the envelope containing the fired case which came with the gun says it's 1:10. 1911 guys have any insight on this?

Thanks

IIRC, I saw this issue come up on rugerforum.com one time. The general consensus was that the envelope was a misprint as that would be an odd twist for the pistol. By the way, I'm very jealous of your new purchase.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm just wondering who has a SR1911............Beside me that is! :rockwoot:
    Got a call from Beech Grove Firearms this morning. I've been on the waiting list for about 28 years (more or less) and they just got one. It came home with me. Gonna' shoot it tomorrow!

Got mine Friday evening. I put 85 rounds through it Saturday. It was simply awesome!

Congrats ongetting yours. Let us know how she shoots!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Welcome to the Sr1911 group. I got one a couple weeks ago....... I really like it. A great looking piece. Hopefully, you'll receive one of Ruger's customers appreciation packages in the mail. I got mine last week. A fantastic hat and several Ruger product / logo badges.

How did you get these? Just by registering it with Ruger?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Maiden voyage

Shot the SR1911 today at Indy Trading Post. If this is typical of 1911s, it's easy to see why people like 'em. I'm not exactly what ya' might call a pistolero but to say I'm pleased would be an understatement. The gun is way better than my capabilities, points instinctively, and is a pleasure to shoot.

Getcha' one!

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I got one last week, haven't shot it yet, but its been in some pretty bad places already. Taking it to the range in a few days. And yes it has been thoroughly dissenfected.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The gun shoots well and I managed to field-strip it for the first time with no issues. I think it will even still work now that I put it back together.
    :rockwoot:
    When I picked up my Savage from Indygunworks, I had the SR1911 with me. I mentioned the trigger could possibly use a little work so Nick says, "Here. Try this one. I just finished it"! Made my trigger feel like crap. :( The more I fondle the new gun, the more sure I am I'll be taking it back to IGW.

Top Bottom