• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I have one, had a issue early, after 155 rounds, with the take down lever shirring off, ruger fixed it and I've not had one issue since. Shot over 1000 round and runs perfect. Good shooter, very accurate.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    You bet, I have one with the threaded barrel (don't know why I got it with the TB, not sure I'll ever put a can on it, but the price was really good). Love the gun. I had a Walther P22 as well, and far as I'm concerned, the SR22 is a better version of the P22. It's crazy fun to shoot, real easy to take down, and pretty accurate I think... it's often my warm-up gun at the range. I've put a variety of ammo through it, from mini-mags to golden bullets, and hardly a hiccup, it's been quite reliable.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    My dad has an SR22, and it is one of the most fun guns to shoot. I love it.

He has not had any problems. He has shot a variety of ammo through it, and not had any problems. It seems to eat anything.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So far so good. I got my daughter one. (purple!) And it's immense amounts of fun.

It's not accurate like a target pistol, but I can shoot 1" groups off hand at across the room distances and from sandbags, baseball-size groups at 25 yards.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Amazing little gun. i got mine about 20 minutes from where they are made in arizona...14000 rounds later its still my go to gun. fun to shoot reliable and cheap. not a combo that comes up often.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I have an SR-22, and my father has a Walther p22. I have not had any issues using bulk pack ammo in my Ruger. I have put around a thousand rounds through it. I won't lie it has not been "flawless" but problems are very few and far between. I would also contribute most of the failures on the Ammo. My fathers Walther is much more particular on its diet, and seems to have many more hang ups.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I rented one at a local range once. It was enough to make me seriously consider buying one. I spent about an hour with it (pricey!) and put a couple hundred .22 golden bullets through it with hardly any issues. What issues I did have proved to be a nice opportunity to practice clearing a malfunction. I'm looking to buy one when I have the funds available for practicing technique.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have one and shot 50 rounds ea of Blazer,Win white box and UMC Thunder Bolts. Only issue was 3 failure to feed with the thunder bolts and it also left lead deposits in the barrel. I will not shoot any Thunder Bolts in any gun I own again to much work to clean after words.

Rural King has SR-22's on sale this week $279.99 plus Sat. and Sun. no sales tax will be charged. Great price, and it is a fun gun to shoot.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    $279? You're killing me! It'd cost me more in gas to drive to a RK than I would save over buying it local. Dang though, thats a great price!

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    With out a doubt, my SR-22 is more fun to shoot, than anything else I own. Unbelievably accurate, and likes most ammo.
    One thing to watch. The magazine can look as if it is all the way in, while it is not. Make sure you hear the faint click, before
    trying to shoot one.

Top Bottom