• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    What a awesome morning. I didn't shoot well and only walked out with one. I bet I could have got my bag limit this morning with my trusty 20 gauge but I love .22 hunting. Morgan Monroe is full of them but it's thick for .22 hunting. I love the challenge though. If I didn't have a baby at home I would have hunted longer.

Any time spent in the woods is worth it. Good on you for the one you brought home, and putting your family as a priority. How old is the youngun? We're expecting our second late October. I have a feeling I won't get out for deer this year! Haha

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Any time spent in the woods is worth it. Good on you for the one you brought home, and putting your family as a priority. How old is the youngun? We're expecting our second late October. I have a feeling I won't get out for deer this year! Haha

Thanks. My little man just turned a year old a few weeks ago. Congrats on the second.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I don't care about what you do with squirrels, but don't you dare hurt that tree!
    p.s. with all the walnut trees i have, my yard is a target rich environment.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    my grandson and i went fri evening and i was able to take 3

this pic was sat morn when we each got one before it got really. we went again this morning, perfect day, no wind and squirrels cutting hard. we were hunting a woods that had amanage cut bout 10 years ago and has a 15 ft heavy canopymaking it hard to spot them cutting in the taller hard woods but were able to eack take one as we were leaving. he shot the gray.

Last edited:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    My son, my brother and I went out this morning. Not a great day, as far as the squirrels were concerned but a beautiful day. The last couple of years, I have been hunting them with my .36 caliber flintlock.
    Today, I decided to take my Gamo Big Cat .22 caliber pellet rifle. I have used it on rabbits with great success and was not disappointed with it on squirrels. Using some 15 grain pointed lead pellets and it put them down quick.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    My son, my brother and I went out this morning. Not a great day, as far as the squirrels were concerned but a beautiful day. The last couple of years, I have been hunting them with my .36 caliber flintlock.
    Today, I decided to take my Gamo Big Cat .22 caliber pellet rifle. I have used it on rabbits with great success and was not disappointed with it on squirrels. Using some 15 grain pointed lead pellets and it put them down quick.

Nicely done sir. Get any photos?

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    my grandson and i went fri evening and i was able to take 3

this pic was sat morn when we each got one before it got really. we went again this morning, perfect day, no wind and squirrels cutting hard. we were hunting a woods that had amanage cut bout 10 years ago and has a 15 ft heavy canopymaking it hard to spot them cutting in the taller hard woods but were able to eack take one as we were leaving. he shot the gray.

If I remember correctly, you two have gotten out a few times this summer? That's fantastic! He's lucky to learn woodsmanship from his grandpa. Keep at it!

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    Decided to take out the old Stevens bolt action for a bit more of a challenge. Using the 10/22 has seemed a little too easy recently, haha.

xg-9ZJpJoH1Ad1rxxU1be6gjhCHRmIXJ-aAeGA0PVe-lqnevR5YHRMruytm2ihmQoQy3_YVJLBgVEAdhiOg-QHZ65i60Q38y_kHp7H9UCweoKyyvNNvyqhaECshjFGdCD-iqVYojlx8C92rzIvHnqVL0FmJFIbvpwfqZH-CndHsWUc0uKRAEPanNd3WwXt6TnSjDoFZhlLCYwC1T1BwdKy2nGJnpZCp8WkUaqi2WmKhcoUM6uf3oG-QXUm82tviWglKG2EbUqNC5d1rAFGudoghyOPYDNOIReMCcbk-bT2cZL-HJyzv0YW2jvM2qnjVvlbnWy8x7a764q2g-eShcyIrrlau27S4E7jreq17SmLeRQUKe8qVoyvdtLMhVifT-rIC53bYyF4FqrNXT5r7jhuEO5Ucml4OPME_ynakWcv6LVrZxgKQGgBHcHZXa3AE2VY1ZiJi82XDslDTuYhpRaMqw6XQWRC3q5-d8lGkRMZLZzgzVADKCU1WIDySiDyBXcICYvhjmDve247VIMp0NTFkMKCbpVClOSa4DU3yJvi8=w661-h881-no

ptbgNjI8pceyW5LkuM_-sWC_31wp2ZKPiAN9i4rKdPM9EDoHBIfOP1TefSl9AvmQj727RFYeq3kwPf7nbAmp9_ABj7xJ_uwKHbXKHMxVKQJh4Ahbe7Eo9ixxMTy67B7IUkZXZx3P-Yvk0Ynj4ZyCOXu7uYdhMVVlTo5EB1qcl2tSg-uiOMdeCYpUfvXj1SRaNQzNutH_1HXWD5C8bYrQ8aveR4XX_W4tp2vu1AeCPu5hQa8OXugWXsKv2fWrhhbX36qkiPJeEMQoOcBLLP-ccddNNRgaE440PMMLCriXRQpnTD3dDu9k4INjfh-Jh2bHKpr4KINvijedAO0YpdCLvNLlv4sFVmm0t5_aU_Y7CJXKmBAHPwSv-aDUbNhSR7mkQLpjMbRf6gGK-givjbQojLSqgxu6aZab2i5f-qve46ZIss42ZnAxSw4D4he9P7PCaimE2G77gb136cpN0pyZYsceEw2XFhiA-i6MpCGnBiB_ZR1X-8H6iHp-0ns_LKUSm0LwmiGywKuVVuZrD1Itz3zaWAVozTf-vr7HlBEvBLM=w661-h881-no

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like some good results thus far! I went out Sunday night. Our woods still has a lot of thick undergrowth (river bottoms) and the leaves are still pretty thick on the trees. I heard a couple playing up in a Hickory tree but could never see them through the foliage. I had another one run out of a hollow log in front of me and before I could get my gun aimed at him was up the back side of a tree and gone.

Figure another week of the cool dry weather will start to turn the leaves a bit and make it a little easier to see. The undergrowth will be a challenge since we had water standing in part of the woods up through late June. Lots of shoulder high horseweed and other stuff to contend with as a result of the flooding.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Can't wait for this weekend I'll be out. I gotta get my extractor issue worked out though, been having major failures to eject with my brand new 10/22. Tried all kinds of ammo and same results, currently using mini mags.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    Can't wait for this weekend I'll be out. I gotta get my extractor issue worked out though, been having major failures to eject with my brand new 10/22. Tried all kinds of ammo and same results, currently using mini mags.
    a friend of mine had a new 10/22 that did the same thing. itold him to shoot a couple boxes of cheap stuff thru it real fast and probleb went away.

Top Bottom