• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Since getting my Vallotton, I have been wanting another spyderco. Does anyone have experience with the Spyderco Rubicon?
    C187CF_L.jpg

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I think they are sexy, and the action on the flipper is nice.

However, the scales are VERY smooth... and that's the reason I have not bought one. I like a handle with some texture for grip.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I handled one today.

Pros: looks pretty and good steel.

Cons: too heavy, scales are too slick, too bulky, liner lock not easy to work with, and the pocket clip.

For me the Tenacious is by far a superior knife for my use and carry.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    If I may ask, why the eye roll? I value your opinion on knives.

Absolutely nothing wrong with either the Spyderco Rubicon or the Tenacious for their individual price points, and I fully understand that certain designs/models, and price points may not appeal to some people for those reasons, but to say the Tenacious is "far superior" ........ :dunno:....seems a little crazy. After all, the Rubicon won the 2014 Blade Magazine "Imported Knife Of The Year" award. These awards are a barometer of successful knife designs, and companies in the knife industry. :twocents:

Last edited:

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Absolutely nothing wrong with either the Spyderco Rubicon or the Tenacious for their individual price points, and I fully understand that certain designs/models, and price points may not appeal to some people for those reasons, but to say the Tenacious is "far superior" ........ :dunno:....seems a little crazy. After all, the Rubicon won the 2014 Blade Magazine "Imported Knife Of The Year" award. These awards are a barometer of successful knife designs, and companies in the knife industry. :twocents:

I said "For me". That is my opinion and I don't care about awards won or not won. All aspects of the pros and cons I gave I believe to be accurate. I did not assert the knife to be bad, but for me it does not work. To each his own. :)

Deadeye(+)

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2015
    Bainbridge
    I absolutely fell in love with this knife at a gun show. The price tag was the only downfall to it. Very smooth, good looking, and very nice knife overall. Not sure one can go wrong with spyderco

Top Bottom