• ...and so much more!
  • derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've picked the bi-tone version up from Indy Gun Safety in Fishers last month. I like it so far after about 200 rounds. It's still a little small in my hand but I think I'm going to add the Pearce grip on the 5 round mags and I should be in good shape. It shot well right out of the box and the recoil was surprisingly manageable.

jarheadcatfan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Georgetown
    I was worried about the recoil being only a 3" barrel. It's actually a very manageable weapon to fire. It's now my EDC and I haven't looked back since my purchase, which was 519.00 by the way.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Just bought the bi tone XDs to go along with my black XDs, love this gun!!! Put about 1500 rounds thru it and not one incident. Should pass a law that everybody should own one.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    In case anyone in the portage area is looking for a black XDs, just came back from Bass Pro Shop and they have one left, they said its been there all day! $549.

bonsairick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Bought mine a month ago - love this gun - but the trigger safety is making me bleed! Anybody else having issues with the XDS trigger safety cutting your finger? Wondering if my gunsmith can help with that. Any suggestions?

wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    West Lafayette/South Bend
    I got my XDS almost 2 months ago to the day at Titus Firearms in Elkhart. It's bitone and was $589. I'm very happy with this gun and will make it my EDC whenever I finally get my License to carry. I've put 700ish rounds through it and there were no issues with the function of the gun. The recoil is very manageable and I have no problem getting all my fingers to grip the gun ( I have very small hands though). A guy with average hands won't fit his pinky on the gun. Another slight problem is the availability of magazines and holsters. You really have to look around for holsters online and I have never seen 7rd magazines in person (besides the ones I just got in the mail :D). Overall, it's a very sweet gun.

wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    West Lafayette/South Bend
    Bought mine a month ago - love this gun - but the trigger safety is making me bleed! Anybody else having issues with the XDS trigger safety cutting your finger? Wondering if my gunsmith can help with that. Any suggestions?
    Wow, I've never heard of the trigger causing someone's finger to bleed. Do you think that your finger might be getting caught between the safety part of the trigger and the part that's behind it? I've also had a minor issue with the gun that I have had trouble with. The grip safety on the gun sometimes pinches the skin on my hand in the same spot. If the grip safety does not pinch my skin, it still rubs my hand in the exact same spot and makes a pretty mean blister. I haven't heard of anyone with this problem before. I'm guessing this issue is unique to me because my hands are small and uniquely shaped.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi

I've not that that with mine. I wonder if your trigger safety or the slot in the trigger where the safety fits has a burr or sharp edge.

bonsairick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    That's what I'm thinking, there's a burr or a rough edge on the slim safety part that rubs off the skin. No, not getting my finger behind the trigger and pinching it. I'm going to drop it off at the smith's. He sold it to me, so I know he'll fix it. My Kahr MK9 has no such trigger/grip safeties and is very smooth. The XDS is accurate - put about 95 rounds in 6 target at 30 feet straight out of the box. Like the sights - quick acquisition. Considering a back pocket Bear Creek holster for it.

Wdsman11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    I borrowed a brand new, not fired from a relative to see whether I would like one. I pulled the slide all the way rearward and let go the slide. The bullet only partially chambered. I pulled the slide rearward until the end of travel and it stuck there(no movement whatsover). I press the mag release and the mag gave a little and stayed in place along with the mag release going slack in both directions. After some slapping the mag back into the well and pressing the release did I get it to move and dislodge. Without this pressure on the bullet I was able to use a key against the rim to dislodge it. After this there was no problem for 30rounds at which point I put it up. I purchased one myself thinking this was a one-time fluke and have had no problems.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I borrowed a brand new, not fired from a relative to see whether I would like one. I pulled the slide all the way rearward and let go the slide. The bullet only partially chambered. I pulled the slide rearward until the end of travel and it stuck there(no movement whatsover). I press the mag release and the mag gave a little and stayed in place along with the mag release going slack in both directions. After some slapping the mag back into the well and pressing the release did I get it to move and dislodge. Without this pressure on the bullet I was able to use a key against the rim to dislodge it. After this there was no problem for 30rounds at which point I put it up. I purchased one myself thinking this was a one-time fluke and have had no problems.

It has a 2 stage recoil spring. It is common when chambering a round from a closed slide position to get the slide back 90% of the way and release it only to have it jam. Necessitates mag removal to clear it most time too. Takes considerable effort to pull it back the last 10% or so. I usually leave it locked open to chamber a round, then pull back and release with no problems. Dependable, accurate and jam free otherwise. It's my new EDC buddy.

Wdsman11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    I thought I had it all the way back but since it was borrowed I did not want to force it. Thanks for the input

INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    Would love to get one in bi-tone, Just have not seen any in my area :dunno: any body got a sighting on one please drop me a PM and I'm in the southern part of the state. :popcorn:

Thanks, Indy
    :draw:

Top Bottom