• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I shot an xds on Monday for the first time and was completely blown away. I honestly don't care for polymer pistols but fell in love with 5 shots.

The trigger was nice... it pointed naturally and there was VERY little recoil. At 8yds I was able to put all 5 in the same ragged hole which is pretty good for me and plenty accurate for defensive range. Unless I was imagining things... this .45 felt like it had less recoil than my 9mm CZ75

Yeah... I love my CZ75b and want a CZ Rami... but this XDs just jumped to the top of my list of must haves.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Three letter E-D-C

Fell in love as soon as the lid opened and we are still on our honeymoon. I really like every aspect of this pistol. Light, easy to conceal, shoot and clean. I have several hundred rounds through mine with zero problems.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    I've shot a few of them. They are great carry guns. I think it has about the same recoil as some 9mm but it does have that solid THUMP of a .45. Out of the box the fiber optic front sight is nice. My only complaint would be the grips. They tend eat up my hands after a few mags. My brother has a XDS with Talon rubber grips and it helps alot. I'm curious to see how the 9mm version performs.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I am in the market for a reasonable priced Springfield CDs 45 anyone can please give me some feedback on this gun good and bad

I saw an ad for the XDs in last month's NRA magazine and it just jumped off the page saying "BUY ME!" We'll I'm not one to argue over such matters. They had just one over at Indiana Gun Club and I liked its looks a lot and it just felt great in my hand. (You know it's all over then...)

It came with a nice setup, two 5 rd mags, a paddle holster, a dual mag holster, and the obligatory Chinese cable lock. Nice plastic case also.

What I don't like:

- 5 + 1 is not much ammo, but that's what you get in such a small pistol.
    - They have a 7 rd mag but they are scarce as hen's teeth. Not sure why. I did locate a pair of them on GunBroker for a high, but not outrageous price. You can order them on Sprintgield web store, but it says there 6-8 week lead time.

What I do like:

- It's COMPACT! It's just a fraction bigger than my Beretta Nano.
    - It's .45 ACP! Need I say more?
    - Fit and finish are flawless. Made in Croatia, clearly those Croats know how to make a handgun.
    - Fires like a much larger handgun. The grip is just long enough that I can get all 3 fingers on it. That's with the 5 rd mags that are flush with the bottom of the grip. The 7 rd mags are a bit longer but I've not tried them yet.
    - The grip looks like you could carve stone with it but the aggressive pattern really helps you to hold on.
    - This is the first handgun I've had with fibre-optic sights. Works well.
    - Aim is right on. Shot well with it from the first shot.

I like it, a lot! My EDC is still the Beretta Nano but I've been carrying the XDs OWB when I'm wearing a sweatshirt or other that covers it up better. Sometimes I carry it OC, it's really good looking, so that works well also.

Mine is the bi-tone model.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    The only negatives are that it's only 5+1, and holsters can be hard to find.

My Foxx IWB just arrived in the mail today; we'll see how it works out.

taa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Greenfield
    I have had mine for a few moths and like it alot . like said above easy to carry and the recoil isnt bad at all . Bought mine at indiana gun club and they are great people to deal with .

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I love mine. Still breaking it in and waiting on 7 round mags but it carries very nicely IWB and the recoil is manageable. Have about 200 rounds through it so far and no FTF or FTE with ball ammo. Hard to believe it's a .45. I think it will be my EDC for a very long time.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I have had mine for a few moths and like it alot . like said above easy to carry and the recoil isnt bad at all . Bought mine at indiana gun club and they are great people to deal with .

Do they really ask $699 for them at IGC or is that a mistake on their website? I'd be a buyer at <$550 or so but I'd pass at $700.

SPRINGFIELD
    XDS BI-TONE

SPRINGFIELD
    XDS BI-TONE

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Do they really ask $699 for them at IGC or is that a mistake on their website? I'd be a buyer at <$550 or so but I'd pass at $700.

SPRINGFIELD
    XDS BI-TONE

SPRINGFIELD
    XDS BI-TONE

The bi-tones seem to command a premium lately. While $699 is more than I would be comfortable paying for even a bi-tone, at the sub $550 mark you will likely need to keep an eye out for a solid deal on an all black specimen.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    The bi-tones seem to command a premium lately. While $699 is more than I would be comfortable paying for even a bi-tone, at the sub $550 mark you will likely need to keep an eye out for a solid deal on an all black specimen.

This has been my experience. All I am interested in is an all black one. I've never seen one in stock but the shops I've talked to that do occasionally get them were below $550.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    The only place I found one in stock was ZX Guns. Drove the 1 1/2 hours to pick it up and was pleasantly suprised to pay the sticker price of $519!! Took it out and shot it the same day and WOW, my new favorite gun!
    The 1 1/2 hour drive wasn't bad considering I scored ammo at every Walmart along the way.:rockwoot:

BustaN3T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I have been in the market for the Bi-Tone XDS for my EDC...have a Glock 19 Gen 4 Trijicon Green/Green with a Viridian GLK Laser...which is my Fun Gun and my current EDC but with the extras a little bulky...IGC has them but your right a little pricey...will wait till the dust settles awhile then hopefully it will be a little more reasonable

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    The only place I found one in stock was ZX Guns. Drove the 1 1/2 hours to pick it up and was pleasantly suprised to pay the sticker price of $519!! Took it out and shot it the same day and WOW, my new favorite gun!
    The 1 1/2 hour drive wasn't bad considering I scored ammo at every Walmart along the way.:rockwoot:

Does the 519 include the kit with gun and mag holsters? Or gun alone?

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    All XDs come with the "XD gear", the holster and mag holder.

I thought that was the case, but a friend told me he saw two different prices on all black, and a higher price yet on the stainless slide version. So I thought maybe the base gun didn't include the gear

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Just got mine last Saturday. I paid pretty close to new price for an excellent used one, but I did not have to drive an hour plus each way to get one in fishers, they probably would have sold the last one right before I got there. Got to shoot it for the first time today. I gotta say, I love it, it is everything I wanted in a carry piece. I have the base plate that makes the magazine longer for the pinky, but even without that it is AWESOME. No complaints at all. Smallest gun I own with the biggest kick!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Looked at an 9mm XD today at a local gun shop. It is a bitone and it was around 475. I am hoping to get one next year (got to pay for wedding/honeymoon first) as a replacement to my S&W 915 that is having some issues with the sights (shoots down and left). I could get replacement sights or have the sights worked on, but if I ever wanted to carry, the 915 is a heavy pig.

Top Bottom