• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    Been considering this as an option for my new EDC, I love the size and the fact that its a .45.
    I know about the recall, but is there anything else I should know.
    What are your experiences with it, shoot good? recoil? etc.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    It is my current off duty handgun. It fits well on my ankle and flat enough to conceal well on the belt or even in a big pocket with the right pocket holster. I think it is a great choice.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    My EDC as well. Mine is out for a recall fix at the moment, I'm anxious to get it back. It shoots well, I agree that for its size, it has a surprisingly manageable recoil. I carry mine in a kydex PJ holster and it carries very small. I really like the holster too for what its worth. Shoot one before you buy one if you can, but I like mine! good luck! I'll try to post some pics of my holster in a bit. My phone isn't cooperating...

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It is my current off duty handgun. It fits well on my ankle and flat enough to conceal well on the belt or even in a big pocket with the right pocket holster. I think it is a great choice.
    I agree with your points. It is a little hand pounder if you shoot enough. However, mine isn't intended to be a competition gun. It's for that special someone who will get a couple 230 gr HSTs in his crotch (femoral arteries, hip, base of spine or Mr. Happy and the twins) with my weak side hand while I'm attempting to keep him from grabbing my exposed strong side carry. It's a perfect size for a small-of-the-back holster if I'm cross carrying on my left side. When my main carry is on my right it rides in a cheapo holster on my left side.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    One of my favorite non-1911's. for concealablity and stopping power it's perfect. I can CC it under a t shirt with no problem. If you get the chance, Buy it!!

INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    It's a great carry weapon and you will not be sorry. I could not stand it while my 45 was in for recall, So I bought the 9mm also :): . The 45's recoil isn't that bad and it conceals great. I use a blade tech eclipse holster and single mag carrier. Mine shoots to the point of aim , It's been great with different Hollow Points and Full Metal Jackets.

Indy

JAW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Spencerville
    I really liked mine, but decided to trade it for a glock 27. I also have a glock 23 and that's the main reason I traded, not because I didn't like the xds, but for mag compatability. It was very easy to carry. I had it in a hybrid kydex itwb holster by Bear Arms here in Fort Wayne and I forgot that I was carrying it a lot. It really wasn't bad to shoot, although I wouldn't want to go out and put 100 rounds through it all at once. Boy do they crack! Great gun especially with all the xd gear.

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Love mine. Have a IWB leather holster and it carries great in back or appendix. Picked up a Glock 30S to carry while I send the XDs in for the recall. It's quite nice as well but definately thicker with a whole different grip profile. Wish it had as aggressive a checker pattern as the Springfield. I have no issue with the recoil on the XDs but it fits my hand perfectly so YMMV. The 7 round mag unbalances the pistol in my opinion but it provides a bit more grip so no issue either.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Donna and I both have these as our EDC (when I'm not carrying my 1911) and Donna's daughter has the 9mm version. With 230 gr JHP the recoil is mostly straight back into your grip with very manageable muzzle rise. I carry in a Crossbreed Mini Tuck. The holster that's in the gear pack as actually quite functional! I used it until my Crossbreed arrived.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I love mine. The recall was a bit inconvenient but I got mine back a while ago and continue to be totally satisfied with it. The fit and finish are excellent (typical with Springfield firearms) and the function is excellent. I rate the recoil as mild, just a touch more than my only other .45 ACP, a Glock 21. I find shooting it to be very comfortable and the accuracy is first rate.

I have not noticed any degradation of the trigger or other functions since getting it back after the recall.

Top Bottom