• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am interested in comparing the Springfield XD subcompact 9mm vs Ruger's LC9 as a carry pistol. I have read that the XD has a 13 round capacity and the Ruger has a 7 round capacity. Has anyone had experience carrying both?

I find the Glock 19 to be a little uncomfortably big for every day carry, so would like a carry pistol that's a little lighter/smaller. I think the LC9 is a great carry pistol. However, I dislike its double action only trigger. Is the XD 3.8 a good compromise?

RUSH2112

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    In a van, by a river
    I have the Xdm in a .40 cal, compact (3.8) model. If I remember right, one mag is 10 round, the extended mag is 16 round. Fairly light, I've had zero issues with mine, has all the changable back straps and stuff with it. It makes a great CCW. I never carried a Ruger....so not much help there.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Carried both, lc9 is good for pocket carry xd is good for iwb. The lc9 is not a fun gun to shoot with it being so small but the xd is.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Find a single stack. I had a Glock was too big for carry, got an xd, was better but still too much. Picked up a PPS and never looked back. Kahr makes some wonderful single stacks, the lc9 you mentioned, and others but I'd definitely look for a single stack over a double wide. The 1/4" or so you save makes a bigger difference than you'd think.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I have the XDm 3.8 Compact in 9mm. I have no trouble carring it all day in my N82 (Nate Squared) IWB holster.

Capacity is 14 (13+1) with the compact mag and 20 (19+1) with the full size mag.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have the xdm 3.8 40. I carry it all the time in a crossbreed and I love it! The flush mount mag is 11 rounds i think and gives you a sub-compact grip. The extended mag has 16 round and gives you a full-size grip.
    Just remember the belt makes all the difference. I usually wear a Wilderness Operators 5 stitch or one with polymer insert.

Top Bottom