• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I currently carry an XDsc but I'm planning on changing to the XDM compact in the near future.

Check them both out in person if you can. I've read that the Ms are a little thinner and less blocky. That's my biggest complaint about the XDsc - it feels like you're carrying a brick.

clhettinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Lafayette
    I have an XD 45 acp service model but am considering buying an XD9SC for carry purposes.
    After seeing goinggrayfast's avatar I will get the mag extension to go with it.

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Here it is. I don't think I will be using the supplied holster since I am left handed.

XDm.jpg

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Here it is. I don't think I will be using the supplied holster since I am left handed.

For what its worth, I think you made the right decision. Unfortunately, now I hate you because I want one too! Also, you use to be able to call Springfield and they would send you a lefty holster. I don't know if they still do that.

We expect a review on that awesomeness.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have an XD 45 acp service model but am considering buying an XD9SC for carry purposes.
    After seeing goinggrayfast's avatar I will get the mag extension to go with it.

Yeah, the Pearce made a world of difference in control & comfort and still allows for good concealment. I have to agree with the other post about them being "like a brick" I prefer the term "clunky" but I have gotten used to it.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Just got it, brand new XDm 9mm compact. Got it at Plainfield Shooting Supplies and traded the 1911 I had.

Can't wait to shoot it and thanks for all the tips and advise.

Well, you got it from the right place alright. They have the best prices of anywhere I have been. I got my XD9 SC there and they were at least $75 cheaper than anywhere else I had visited.

I almost went with the XDm, but I liked the smaller size. Plus the price tag was more in my range. Have fun with your Springfield! I know I do!

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    For what its worth, I think you made the right decision. Unfortunately, now I hate you because I want one too! Also, you use to be able to call Springfield and they would send you a lefty holster. I don't know if they still do that.

We expect a review on that awesomeness.

Great idea. I will call them and see if they will do that. I am also going to ask for another magazine since they just had that get a free magazine deal.

I will repost on this subject after I call them.

Review will come soon, but I still have a lot to learn, I think I need to take a class. I was in the Indiana National Guard, so I am familiar with Military style shooting ranges and of course the M-16/M-4, but not with handguns.

Top Bottom