• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Update: I appreciate all the responses about the RO but I lucked into a chance to buy another 1911.

Just placed an order for a different RO.

A Ronin Operator 4.25" Commander length. It's a 9mm though. Please don't hate me. :):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Update: I appreciate all the responses about the RO but I lucked into a chance to buy another 1911.

Just placed an order for a different RO.

A Ronin Operator 4.25" Commander length. It's a 9mm though. Please don't hate me. :):
    You know I won't. They are so nice shooting and for me, I can load one round for three firearms. Winning!

Give us a range report when you can.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I hate you
    I see your little hate there. :):

But seriously. While I agree 100% in principle that a 1911 in .45acp is the standard bearer I have my reasons for the 9mm version that I chose. First of all it pertains to the current ammunition situation. I have plenty of 9mm but absolutely zero .45.

Second is availability. 1911's right now, especially in the popular SA Ronin series are extremely hard to come by in any caliber not to mention how hard it is to get a 4.25" Commander length which I prefer.

So those are the two factors that guided my decision and when I saw a chance to grab one I jumped on it while I still could.

Top Bottom