• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bushmasterar15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Here is my TRP w/ Larry Davidson grips and custom Kelley Gun Leather holster. Enjoy
    IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0595.jpg

IMAG0596.jpg

IMAG0597.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Looks like a great pistol. I have been looking at getting one myself to add to my collection. Already have 3 1911s, 1 Springfield GI, and 2 Kimbers. Be nice to add a better Springfield to the collection. You been able to take it out and shoot it yet?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a few Springers but no TRP yet. Looking at one and drooling a lot but have to justify putting "Another" 1911 in the safe.
    My EDC is a Springer 1911 A-1 and it is a great shooter.

Very nice piece, I am sure you will enjoy it.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    that sear was starting to show some significant wear.. you replaced it right?

No, the sear measured out within spec after it was faced on a Powers Series 1 jig when the trigger job was done.

the sear wore evenly just needed to be cleaned up. This TRP did not appear to have MIM parts in it so it was decided to keep the internals and overhaul the minors.

It's hard to tell from these pics as they were taken with the iphone on teh fly.
    Heres the sera b4:

DSC_0056-1-1.jpg

After:

1bfa48d3.jpg

aae88278.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, Im a big fan of 1911s and always grew up wanting one. What can I say, the A Team had a big effect on me, haha. I already have 2 Kimbers with rails, so its nice for snapping on a flashlight so you can see the target. Which is something that I advocate for any pistol, bringing a flashlight either with it, or attached to it. I would still like to get a Springfield with a rail as well though.
    What brand of Holster you have? I have a leather Galco as well as a Kydex concealed holster. One day when I figure out how to post pictures, Ill be sure to take some and add to this thread.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ahhh yes, the TRP Operator with full length dust cover rail. The only handgun I regret selling. The guy I sold it to promised he'd call me first if he ever decided to part with it and he didn't. Doubt I'll ever have another.

Careful dragging your forearm across that rear sight with it holstered. Unless you knock the edges off that back sight can lay you open.

Top Bottom