• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I would like to get a few more magazines for my Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec. This is my carry weapon and right now I'm using the two 7 round magazines that came with the gun. I've heard that Combat Wilson are the "best" and most dependable. They sure are $$$$. Are they worth it? Anyone have any recommendation? I'm afraid of buying some cheap-o no name magazine since this is my carry weapon.

Any suggestions? Thanks

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I got a couple Wilson 47D 8 round magazines for my 1911 and they have been flawless thus far(put the better part of about 800ish rounds through them in the last 2 months or so). Would not hesitate to order more of them if I decide i need more mags. Also just ordered a Tripp Research CobraMag to try out since I have read many rave reviews about them but have not had a chance to shoot with it yet.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I run Wilson ETM's in my 1911 and they work great. I have also used them for USPSA Single Stack and have never had an issue with them. They my be expensive but to me they are worth the extra money.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I have more than a dozen Chip McCormick Power Mags. They are excellent mags and have worked well in 4 Springfields and a Colt (dad's).

I got most of mine from Numrich gun parts or from Midway for less than $20 each.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    My springfield mil spec works well with pretty much any mag I've tried, and eats just about any ammo I've put through it. I've got a few of the Mec-gar mags and they've worked great in it. My loaded SS V12 is a different story though. It likes to jam about a round or two a mag on the cheaper ones. So I bought one kimber 8 rd, one Wilson combat 47D 8 rd, and one Chip McCormick comp 8 rd mag to see which worked best. The wilson and kimber had occasional jams all through my shooting it yesterday. Normally 1 per mag or so. But the McCormick fed flawlessly till I got more around 75 rds, and then it was still doing better than the others. They were all hit and miss by that point. I think its something else. I'm going to try a diff lube, and then maybe some work on it. But your mil spec shouldn't be so picky. Mine is my carry for this reason as well.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I forgot to mention Colt brand magazines are of very good quality and aren't very pricey. I have used them with good success.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    To echo others and what has already been stated, my 1911s use either Wilson 47D magazines or McCromick mags. I have had good luck with both magazines, period. I do have a Springer champion that doesn't like the Wilsons, I am not sure why not, but I do get some FTFs with it. The McCormick in the gun however perform flawlessly.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Yea, gotta agree on that for the most part. But I still run Wilson Combat in my daily carry. They must be better. Nothing loads or unloads by hand as smoothly as a Wilson.

Top Bottom