• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am picking up a new Springfield GI this week. Dealer has both a parkerized model and an OD model. This is the Armorykote(?). I am wondering if anyone has experience with either finish on current springfield models.

TFB53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Muncie
    I have a G.I. Milspec in od green. This is my first 1911 and I bought it because I wasn't sure about the whole 1911 concept. I can't believe I waited so long , what a joy to shoot. I have a couple of hundred rounds thru mine with no problems. The finish seems ok , still to new to know for sure . I paid under $500 for it (nib) out the door and decided for that price I could take a chance and not be to upset with minor issues. I am happy with mine , if I had a do over , I would have bought the one with taller white dot sights ( I have replaced mine ) and extra mag . Should only cost an extra $75 +/-. I don't want to muddy the water , but , you might look at the Para G.I. Expert. Good luck with your choice , again I am very happy with my Springfield.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I understand about the sights, but this is not my only 1911 and I am getting the GI model specifically because it is most basic. Really just wondering about the wear the OD Armorykote finish will endure over time.

I have had parkerized springfields in the past but kind of like the green black contrast.

TFB53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Muncie
    I can see more 1911's in my future , l have been watching Kimber Custom Carry's with the Crimson Trace grip , a deal will come along and I will own one and Para has me thinking hard.
    As I mentioned , my Springfield is to new to give you any help with the durability of the finish. I can tell you I have a line at the slide release that runs down towards the trigger , I think from a novice taking apart and reassembling as much as anything. Reminds of the marking on the cylinder of wheel guns , adds character ? Most reports I read on the ArmoryKote before buying were good. I got the OD green because it was something different and I like more each time I have it out. Bottom line is , it's a good shooter.

Top Bottom