Sportsmans Warehouse in Ft Wayne just got confusing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    I'm not sure what is going on. I've heard stories of them wanting to scan DL's to buy ammo at that very store. That had never happened to me as this is the first strange experience I have ever had there. It's almost like the powers that be has some sick since of humor and want to make their costumers jump thru strange hoops at times.
    Apparently you haven't been to Range USA anytime in the past couple of years. You can't even purchase a paper target without them wanting to scan your DL. I told them exactly what they could suck kiss

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Apparently you haven't been to Range USA anytime in the past couple of years. You can't even purchase a paper target without them wanting to scan your DL. I told them exactly what they could suck kiss
    That is too much like big brother for my taste. I can understand it for tobacco or beer. Things that are age restricted for a good reason. But something to practice your 2nd A right. Kiss my constitutional @ss is kinda how I feel about it.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    If all they wanted to do was look at it, for age verification, I'm good with that, but even a couple of the Kroger's want to scan your DL for your wine/beer purchase! WTF? I mean, I think my mostly bald, what-hair-is-left-is-gray head should be more than enough proof that I'm over 21...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is too much like big brother for my taste. I can understand it for tobacco or beer. Things that are age restricted for a good reason. But something to practice your 2nd A right. Kiss my constitutional @ss is kinda how I feel about it.
    Not even for that. At least not scanning. A scan exposes too much personal info to their POS systems. Look at the front and key in the DOB. Thats it. Nothing more.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There are several states that scanning your license is a crime. There is legal information on your license that is private and not legal for the use by common market enterprises. It should be against the law in all States.

When I need to verify age, I tell them, you can look at it for my age but in NO WAY am I giving you permission to scan it. That usually get a supervisor called over, if the supervisor tells me it has to be done, I grab my license and walk out with my wallet still intact

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    There are several states that scanning your license is a crime. There is legal information on your license that is private and not legal for the use by common market enterprises. It should be against the law in all States.

When I need to verify age, I tell them, you can look at it for my age but in NO WAY am I giving you permission to scan it. That usually get a supervisor called over, if the supervisor tells me it has to be done, I grab my license and walk out with my wallet still intact
    This. They have no legal right to anything more than a visual age verification.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I wasn't scanned either. She just asked for my birth date and typed it in. But my main thing was it was for brass, not the gun powder. Than the more I thought about it, the more I just got angry over the whole thing. I did send an email to the store manager this morning. It was polite but stern. Still haven't heard anything. I need to return a bore laser I purchased yesterday due to it not working. So I'll be there tomorrow morning and will be asking to speak to the manager.

Top Bottom