• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Can't take anything away from the JP springs and firing pins as they are good quality parts.
    For anyone reading this that may need to replace firing pins and hammer springs on a Citori (regular or 725) in the future, Target Shotguns sells a kit (or separately) that includes a special tool to install the hammer springs. The tool itself is like $30.
    They springs and firing pins they sell are made by Giuliani (the same company that solved spring and pin issues for Perazzi).
    I saw the kit being sold last week at The Grand for $95 and it included firing pins & springs, hammer springs, top lever spring and the tool to install the hammer springs.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Is this the first or second time you've replaced firing pins and springs?
    What brand are you using?

First time, I noticed the pitting start about 1500 rounds ago and wanted to see when then gun would start to fail.

JP Custom , the only thing I didn’t do was the top lever spring but I will do that next time. The parts seem better quality than the stock browning units so I will see how long they last.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Can't take anything away from the JP springs and firing pins as they are good quality parts.
    For anyone reading this that may need to replace firing pins and hammer springs on a Citori (regular or 725) in the future, Target Shotguns sells a kit (or separately) that includes a special tool to install the hammer springs. The tool itself is like $30.
    They springs and firing pins they sell are made by Giuliani (the same company that solved spring and pin issues for Perazzi).
    I saw the kit being sold last week at The Grand for $95 and it included firing pins & springs, hammer springs, top lever spring and the tool to install the hammer springs.
    These are supieor to jp spring firing pins. What I put in my citori now.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    View attachment 380337

Won my first tournament, it was a corporate sporting clays shoot with about 150~ people shooting. Won overall best shooter with a 46/48 and a one round shoot off, our six man team won second place overall. Maple is pleased with her new trophy’s, yes the dog is named after the gun :abused:
    Were you in the morning flight or the afternoon flight? The afternoon team really cleaned up.

I was in the afternoon flight, team 5. We had a great day of shooting, camaraderie, and recoil therapy, but no prizes.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I too got bitten by the Sporting Clay bug a couple of years ago. I shopped and shopped, leaning toward an old school Browning Auto 5(...of course). After much research, I opted for a newer Browning A5 Silver Hunter. I figured the lower recoil of the newer models combined with the flexibility of 4 choke options made sense.
    S2pFXXSl.jpg

Sadly, I have only managed a couple rounds of Sporting Clays a year.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I too got bitten by the Sporting Clay bug a couple of years ago. I shopped and shopped, leaning toward an old school Browning Auto 5(...of course). After much research, I opted for a newer Browning A5 Silver Hunter. I figured the lower recoil of the newer models combined with the flexibility of 4 choke options made sense.
    S2pFXXSl.jpg

Sadly, I have only managed a couple rounds of Sporting Clays a year.
    The shotgun sports can be very addictive so get out and enjoy it. I picked up a Browning Silver Hunter last year and have only used it for bird hunting so far.
    One point of information though. The Browning Silver is not at all related to the A5. The Silver is completely different. Now, I will say the Browning Silver is arguably a Winchester Super-X 3 wrapped in a different stock and receiver. There are multiple parts between the two that are interchangeable. It makes sense given that as I understand it, FNG is the parent company to Browning and Winchester. In fact when I was at the Grand American in August, there were a few Winchester shotguns on display in the Browning shop (which was next to the Winchester shop).

Top Bottom