• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    The company I work for just invested in a 500 acre site and is developing a 32 station sporting clays site. Skeet and trap also is on the grounds. They jumped in and helped a struggling shooting and hunting club in Ohio.

We had our yearly meeting and they shocked us. The three day meeting was really only one hour long each morning and the rest of the time is devoted to having fun. Sporting clays with company guns and company ammo and no site fees.

All we have to do is sign up when we are in the area, and they will pay for a guide and have the guns, gear and ammo waiting for us. The company store room at the site had pallets of 12 gauge ammo for us to draw from.

The site is for our customers and employees to use. Seems our CEO and some other key employees are very pro gun and the board agreed that this is a good thing for all.

The company I work for is in financial services for business.

They are going to develop a pistol and high power rifle range on the site next year. Several of my coworkers are being trained to be NRA shooting instructors on company time to gear up for the shooting class for employees and customers. They will have a selection of pistols and rifles to shoot or they can bring thier own.

This made my week! and I have a new shooting hobby.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Now that's what the world needed, some good news! Enjoy dude! I've been pretty involved with a league and the state shoots for about 15 years, that's what got me into reloading too.

My 7 year old started this year with a Parker 28 gauge, he's hooked!

Again, congrats, and the next time you see your boss, tell him thanks from all us shooters. We're proud of their decision.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    The company I work for just invested in a 500 acre site and is developing a 32 station sporting clays site. Skeet and trap also is on the grounds. They jumped in and helped a struggling shooting and hunting club in Ohio.

We had our yearly meeting and they shocked us. The three day meeting was really only one hour long each morning and the rest of the time is devoted to having fun. Sporting clays with company guns and company ammo and no site fees.

All we have to do is sign up when we are in the area, and they will pay for a guide and have the guns, gear and ammo waiting for us. The company store room at the site had pallets of 12 gauge ammo for us to draw from.

The site is for our customers and employees to use. Seems our CEO and some other key employees are very pro gun and the board agreed that this is a good thing for all.

The company I work for is in financial services for business.

They are going to develop a pistol and high power rifle range on the site next year. Several of my coworkers are being trained to be NRA shooting instructors on company time to gear up for the shooting class for employees and customers. They will have a selection of pistols and rifles to shoot or they can bring thier own.

This made my week! and I have a new shooting hobby.

That's awesome! I thought I had it good with my company (we have our own 9 hole and fishing park).

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    Good grief how can you live with yourself knowing the desperation we now feel because of your tremendous good fortune? way to go and don't forget to follow thru. :)::ingo:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    That's awesome! I thought I had it good with my company (we have our own 9 hole and fishing park).

Thats great!

Our HQ has two golf courses around it with a full service clubhouse, pool and restaurant for employee to use for free or at cost for food and drinks, but its 5 hours from me. The HQ campus is wonderful, but I work from home and have an office in Carmel.

Nothing better than having a reason to take your guns to work. Our office is going to start a shooting team. I will enjoy having a reason to take my firearms into the office and put ammo on my expense account.

Picture the raised eye brows when I walk into a Carmel office building with a shooters bag and a long gun case.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    the FBI will eat those two up!

how much debt you going to have when you are done?

Well, I'm paying out-of state here now, even though I live here, so in May when I graduate, I'll be ~$100,000 in debt.

If the LSAT I took last weekend turns out bad, and I don't get a good chunk of scholarships, I'll either end up not going to grad school right away, or come out ~$200,000 in debt, give or take $50 grand or so.

I think it's a good investment though, if I learn all this crap and don't have to pay back until there's some serious inflation, it may all be worth it :):

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    what are your projected payments when you start work....200k is going to force you to look for jobs in major citys that are not as pro gun as Indiana.

Some new hires will get part of the debt paid if you are real good as part of the pay package.

We have about 25 attorneys at our company....we keep them in small rooms in the far corners of the buildings.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    what are your projected payments when you start work....200k is going to force you to look for jobs in major citys that are not as pro gun as Indiana.

Some new hires will get part of the debt paid if you are real good as part of the pay package.

We have about 25 attorneys at our company....we keep them in small rooms in the far corners of the buildings.

Not sure about payments, I'm going to look into consolidating the loans after this year. I'm paying 3% on some, and 12% on others with the crazy way the economy went over the past 4 years :rolleyes:.

Unfortunately, I know. I've been looking into moving back east, living in VA, working in VA or DC. Ohio was another option, and being able to work where I'd live is a plus.

I feel like I totally jacked your thread, sorry about that!! :hijack:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Jacked - nope

to make up for it, lets get a group together and shoot......
    Food and shooting for the bloomington area crew....

My shoulder should be fine in a few days. I think by the end of weds I will have 450 to 500 rounds of 12 G pounding my shoulder this week.

I was told to include you when you get back from summer.....Can you put the word out to a few of the usual suspects its time to shoot at my place again for me? Sat or Sun Oct 9th or 10th?

I'll be back on Thursday to see what has developed......

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    longbow that is AWESOME news! I just love it when a company will put their money where their beliefs are. Far to many left leaning companies do it and many gun rights supporters are too timid.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    AAR from the meeting....

2 Chicago Suburbs libs, anti gun, at our meeting were dragged to go shooting. They have the bug now, and it appears one of the wifes was very happy to go shooting with husband when he gets home.

Some guns are going to purchased after they get the foid card in IL.

So two anti-gun libs got turned from just a few days of shooting and talking guns. Two families are going to get introduced to firearms in the crazy state of IL.

Is it that easy to turn anti gun nuts, by just taking them shooting and see how much fun it is?

Top Bottom