• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm glad that a lot of your information is incorrect or not available. It seems like the major information is correct but the hobbies and home value information is way off. But there is enough information that IS correct to make me delete my entry on there. The email search was fairly accurate for a lot of them I looked up. The pictures of people's houses was accurate as well, it even had pictures of their vehicles out front.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Wow, I didn't know my house was worth +$1 million. I paid only 11% of that for it. I guess I better call a realtor and sell this gem. However, when I put my wife's name in, it says the house is in the $200k-$400k range. I guess that's part of the "men get more pay than women."

I'm also going to have to contact Purdue and ask what they did with my 4-years tuition. According to this website, I only have a high school degree.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Unless you've got something to hide, then why does it bother you?
    :n00b:, This is definatly scary, WTH are they doing driving by my house?
    They don't have much on me (not much to be had) and what they have is wrong (sais I make a bunch of money), but I don't like that at all.
    There are enouph people I did not get along with growing up that I dont need people to be able to type in my name and it gives them my address and pictures of my house.
    This should be considered a huge invasion of privacy and IMO is not okay at all! :xmad:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, pretty close, I guess. Correct address, wrong location on map. Some data way off. Not interested in politics (define "interested"), and enjoys retail shopping (yeah, right). Mostly stuff I can find on other sites, in the phonebook, and in public records.:dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I wonder if they're getting the house pics off Google street view? Those guys with the funny rotating camera on a stem that drive up and down the street taking 360 photos.

That's exactly were it is from (Google logo in bottom left of pic). They have a great pic of my in-laws hedge!

A lot of folks have privacy concerns, but it is pretty much the same view I get if I drive down your street. The sat photos on Google Earth are a bit more entertaining.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    :n00b:, This is definatly scary, WTH are they doing driving by my house?
    They don't have much on me (not much to be had) and what they have is wrong (sais I make a bunch of money), but I don't like that at all.
    There are enouph people I did not get along with growing up that I dont need people to be able to type in my name and it gives them my address and pictures of my house.
    This should be considered a huge invasion of privacy and IMO is not okay at all! :xmad:

His reply was in purple, which means his post was sarcasm. But your points are still valid.

That's exactly were it is from (Google logo in bottom left of pic). They have a great pic of my in-laws hedge!

A lot of folks have privacy concerns, but it is pretty much the same view I get if I drive down your street. The sat photos on Google Earth are a bit more entertaining.
    + 1 Google doesn't have my parent's house on street view, so it just shows the standard google overhead pic.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I removed my two listings, but that's all they would allow. I want my entire family removed. I couldn't do it so I sent them this.

I want to remove my entire family from your website but it only allows me to remove two listings. I removed the two listings of myself and now I want to remove the rest of my family but it will not let me. Your website is a complete invasion of my family's privacy and I will not tolerate it. Your website is going to get people's identities stolen, and worse, get them killed.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I was not listed mostly because I do not have a land line and my primary email address does not include my first or last name.

I used to have a land line under my first initial and last name. That did not come up either. Searching on my old phone number only showed that it was a Verizon land line.

A search for my email address did turn up some content linked to the email or my user name, but none of it identified me personally.

They did not discloses their source list but the results seem to be a combination of information available on the internet, in social networking sites and some public records. I should note they do not appear to be using property records, otherwise, they would have found me easily since I own a home and property ownership is matter of public record (though some states do not allow disclosure of owner information over the internet).

The hobby information is likely based on information form social networks and maybe geodemographic segmentation codes from vendors like FISERV and Equifax, which make predictions about a specific person based on where they live. Pretty black box stuff...and it scares the h-e-dbl. hockey sticks out of most people.

All that being said, the idea that someone's privacy is being violated is false. This site is using publicly available information, most of which is provided by the person who shows in the results.

If you have a listed phone number, do not be surprised to see yourself in the results. You will also find yourself:

- If your security settings on your social networking sites are loose
    - you have a blog under your name
    - an email address with your name in it

And others I am sure I am missing.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I don't show up in the name search, but a couple of my email addresses show up. It seems that removing an email address is a bit tricky. I tried to remove my private cell phone number as well and it said they could not locate a directory listing for that URL. This site seems rather shady.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The only things they had right was my age...early 50's and my name...everything else was wrong

I have never signed up for an e-mail like yahoo using my correct name...always used an alias.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Hehe the information on this site about me is totally wrong, other than the address and family names.

Not even going to bother having it removed as it contains no more information than a ordinary phone book and minimal time searching can turn up.

Top Bottom