Speaking of movies: Bond opens in a few weeks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    [video=youtube;LTDaET-JweU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDaET-JweU[/video]
    LaDirectora and I are both fans of the current Bond franchise. Out with the kitsch, in with the grit.

Opens 11/6 here in the US.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I've quite enjoyed Daniel Craig's run at the role. I'm looking forward to Spectre, but I'm also pretty interested to see where the franchise goes next.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Connery was a pimp, Craig is a bad ass. Just wondering if this will be his last bond flick.

He's reportedly been making some very disparaging remarks about the whole franchise. If that's true I'm sure it will be, of course that could be the plan, turn fans against him so they'll be more welcoming of the gay unborn illegal immigrant that's handicapped and doesn't identify by any specific gender that they are planning to replace him with in the name of PC.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    He's reportedly been making some very disparaging remarks about the whole franchise. If that's true I'm sure it will be, of course that could be the plan, turn fans against him so they'll be more welcoming of the gay unborn illegal immigrant that's handicapped and doesn't identify by any specific gender that they are planning to replace him with in the name of PC.

I read those too and he has spent the last several days walking them back.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I predict a woman or someone of African descent as the replacement.

I too have really enjoyed watching Craig in the role. His acting with good screenplays have been good.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Connery was a pimp, Craig is a bad ass. Just wondering if this will be his last bond flick.

Quoting d169 again, is it fair to compare Connery and Craig? Different times, different standards. People nowadays are used to seeing people gutted alive during a movie and call it entertainment. In the early/mid sixties and beyond many of todays pg rated movies would have drawn a stout X if they'd had the same system then.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Quoting d169 again, is it fair to compare Connery and Craig? Different times, different standards. People nowadays are used to seeing people gutted alive during a movie and call it entertainment. In the early/mid sixties and beyond many of today's pg rated movies would have drawn a stout X if they'd had the same system then.
    And in the sixties people expected James to smack a ***** and never have any emotional baggage from all the killing.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Perhaps people in the sixties were well enough grounded in reality to know the difference between a movie and real life? An ability that seems lost on todays society.

I don't know man, I know a whole bunch of guys who grew up in the sixties that think you can shoot the guns out of people's hands and who think knocking people out by hitting them in the head with a hard object is both safe and easy.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't know man, I know a whole bunch of guys who grew up in the sixties that think you can shoot the guns out of people's hands and who think knocking people out by hitting them in the head with a hard object is both safe and easy.

I bet if you put a couple of rounds of 44 mag right thru their pump that gun will fall right out of their hand almost every time!:laugh:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm looking forward to this one.

Btw, the director or producer said that Daniel Craig's comments came after he had to go back and re-shoot a scene where he did stunts that resulted in him injuring his foot, and requiring surgery. He said Craig was exhausted and frustrated and hurt. That said, for the paycheck he's getting, he ought to shut up. Then again, we all have bad days and there are times where I'm sure it wouldn't be a great idea to stick a mic in front of me, either.

I still like him as Bond and in my humble opinion, he's the best Bond yet, and the movies are the best yet. Can't wait to see it!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom