• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Boehner Invites Netanyahu to Address Joint Session of Congress in February | TheBlaze.com

From Boehner: "Prime Minister Netanyahu is a great friend of our country, and this invitation carries with it our unwavering commitment to the security and well-being of his people,” Boehner said. “In this time of challenge, I am asking the Prime Minister to address Congress on the grave threats radical Islam and Iran pose to our security and way of life."

From Chuck Todd: "To have a foreign leader, who is an American ally, make the case to Congress to vote against the president's wishes. Feels unprecedented."

Apparently the White House is "caught off-guard" by this. Other leftists (in social media) are calling this "treason". Hahaha.

Edit: On Air Force One - Press Sec says White House reserving judgement on Boehner invitation. Says WH wants to consult with Israelis. Press Sec Earnest notes that it's a "breach of protocol" for Boehner" to directly invite Netanyahu. Such invitations usually made leader-to-leader.

They forget that Congress is a coequal branch of government? Who cares how the executive feels about it?

Boenher's finishing move should be scheduling it on a Sunday during Tee Time.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I am not in favor of foreign governments lobbying my representatives.

Ironically some people think that is unAmerican.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sounds like a fabulous idea.

I am not in favor of foreign governments lobbying my representatives.

These jerks did it too.... It's the leader of our ally, with whom we are basically at war with the same enemy.

[video=youtube;DiVIpZikl-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiVIpZikl-Y[/video]

holy crap!

[video=youtube;C2W2qGDRHU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2W2qGDRHU8[/video]

:runaway: :runaway:

[video=youtube;768S4-W5Z6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768S4-W5Z6M[/video]

:lala:
    [video=youtube;HwemQR59wbw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwemQR59wbw[/video]

Last edited:

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Boehner Invites Netanyahu to Address Joint Session of Congress in February | TheBlaze.com

From Boehner: "Prime Minister Netanyahu is a great friend of our country, and this invitation carries with it our unwavering commitment to the security and well-being of his people,” Boehner said. “In this time of challenge, I am asking the Prime Minister to address Congress on the grave threats radical Islam and Iran pose to our security and way of life."

From Chuck Todd: "To have a foreign leader, who is an American ally, make the case to Congress to vote against the president's wishes. Feels unprecedented."

Apparently the White House is "caught off-guard" by this. Other leftists (in social media) are calling this "treason". Hahaha.

Edit: On Air Force One - Press Sec says White House reserving judgement on Boehner invitation. Says WH wants to consult with Israelis. Press Sec Earnest notes that it's a "breach of protocol" for Boehner" to directly invite Netanyahu. Such invitations usually made leader-to-leader.

They forget that Congress is a coequal branch of government? Who cares how the executive feels about it?

Boenher's finishing move should be scheduling it on a Sunday during Tee Time.
    Since Congress consists of, not an individual, but two houses with 535 Legislators, why is this not voted on by both houses instead of one house (and one, or a few individuals.)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If only to ruffle OBird's feathers.........I'm all in.

The Israelis would be qualified experts on this topic.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sounds like a fabulous idea.

These jerks did it too.... It's the leader of our ally, with whom we are basically at war with the same enemy.

[video=youtube;DiVIpZikl-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiVIpZikl-Y[/video]

holy crap!

[video=youtube;C2W2qGDRHU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2W2qGDRHU8[/video]

:runaway: :runaway:

[video=youtube;768S4-W5Z6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768S4-W5Z6M[/video]

:lala:
    [video=youtube;HwemQR59wbw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwemQR59wbw[/video]

Were these invitations extended by Congress or the President and welcomed by Congress? I'm just tired of our "leaders" doing things to **** each other off.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's all in public view...what's the problem?

Is the Administration afraid that we'll find out that their support of Israel is between soft and completely feigned and that they would just as soon hand the nation over to Palestinians?

Guess what....we know that.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Que, Congress did not go to Cuba, that was an Obama thing to change diplomatic relations, though that is out of his purview. The Senate handles treaties yet Obama unilaterally promises emission and other environmental agreements with countries.

Netanyahu wanted to meet Obama on a recent trip, Obama was "too busy" in NY but was able to make a fundraiser.

Meh to protocol.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, I don't see any issue here. Having foreign leaders address our leadership isn't really a revolutionary concept. We don't live in a monarchy, everything doesn't have to go through the President.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, I don't see any issue here. Having foreign leaders address our leadership isn't really a revolutionary concept. We don't live in a monarchy, everything doesn't have to go through the President.

If it were a world leader backing up the President's agenda, there would be no issue.

However, it is the leader of Israel....and the President cares little about Israel, let me correct myself- he cares little about Israel being secure.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, Congress did not go to Cuba, that was an Obama thing to change diplomatic relations, though that is out of his purview. The Senate handles treaties yet Obama unilaterally promises emission and other environmental agreements with countries.

Netanyahu wanted to meet Obama on a recent trip, Obama was "too busy" in NY but was able to make a fundraiser.

Meh to protocol.

I have no problem with him speaking. I am an eternal supporter of Israel for many reasons. I am just not a big supporter of doing the right thing for the wrong reason. If our congress is too weak to ensure our separation of responsibilities is kept in line, I have (and always have) had a problem with them. I've tired of stepping in the feces of "they did [that], so we will do [this]" only to start the circle jerk of blame when one party does something wrong.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The leader of a country that we are allies with(they arent obama's allies, but america's) is invited to address our law makers and the white house is upset about this. This should be sickening to all americans that our president doesnt want an ally to come talk with our leaders. Its amazing anyone actually still follows what obama says. How can people be so dumb?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I know it's already been said to basically screw protocol, but can someone definitively tell me if it's protocol for Congress to extend this kind of invitation? I'm not asking what Bush, Washington, or even Johnson did, but just the simple question of protocol. If it is, I can understand why the invitation was made anyway, but I'm still interested in knowing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm not sure anyone on this website can tell you what proper congressional protocol is. When a branch of government sees that an ally is not being shown proper support, I have no problem with that branch of government extending support to the ally in whatever means they can.

when Obama refused to meet with Netanyahu during times of increased violence towards Israel, that sent to direct message to the enemies of Israel. This is an attempt to squash Attacks on Israel by showing US support for them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    By the White House making an issue of this, it is sending the exact message it wants to send to the people it wants to send it to.

Top Bottom