• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Man I want one of these so bad. Always been a wish list to mine I've been looking at the zenith mp5. Anyone run one of those?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

147gr Remington subs, can is in the L configuration with the flow through cap installed, 8” POI shift with suppressor mounted

Ordered a 3 Position A3F Stock from Arms Unlimited and a H&K parts micro pikatiny optic rail, probably going to put an ACRO on it in a B&T low mount if the body mechanics make sense with the A3F stock

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    IMG_0323.jpegIMG_0322.jpeg

Ordered what was supposed to be a 3 position A3F stock from Arms Unlimited and it’s a 4 position for free!! The stock 100% makes the gun, I can’t wait to shoot it this afternoon

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

147gr Remington subs, can is in the L configuration with the flow through cap installed, 8” POI shift with suppressor mounted

Ordered a 3 Position A3F Stock from Arms Unlimited and a H&K parts micro pikatiny optic rail, probably going to put an ACRO on it in a B&T low mount if the body mechanics make sense with the A3F stock

Damn, that seems like a lot of poi shift, but maybe that's normal. My Scorpion and from what I can tell my brother's B&T APC with my can on it had NO POI shift. Is that because of the recoil system in the HK?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Clock/orientate your suppressor using where your engraving is as a reference and shoot it until POI gets to what you'd call acceptable. Then remember the orientation

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Clock/orientate your suppressor using where your engraving is as a reference and shoot it until POI gets to what you'd call acceptable. Then remember the orientation

honestly I am stuck with how it is I think

IMG_0327.jpegIMG_0326.jpeg

This can basically fits perfectly , but another H&K guy I know said the B&T SQD system is the only tri-lug suppressor he can get to fit on his SP5. It will not clock in any other position on the gun. Plus B&T is OEM for H&K , and based on older forum posts apparently with a can this heavy on an MP5 this is not uncommon, the barrel is not super thick or anything

IMG_0255.jpeg

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

It’s the can itself… IMG_0330.jpegIMG_0329.jpeg

The only configuration that works is the K sealed , everything else destabilizes the bullets somehow

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It’s the can itself… View attachment 385127View attachment 385128

The only configuration that works is the K sealed , everything else destabilizes the bullets somehow
    So with the can sealed it groups well but POI is 8" off when compared with the suppressor.

When the can is configured in the other ways the groups open up and the POI is off (as compared to running with. I suppressor) as well?

Is the can config changing back pressure and impacting the roller delay or something else causing this?

What distance?

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon
    Been looking at the sqd for my sp5k as well. This isn't the first reports I've read about serious poi shifts. Idk what's going on with this can or b&t's constant dropping of brand new models. I'd love to buy it for simplicity sake vs a cat mob and having to build an erector set just to use 3 lug. But whatever, I think this is one more push towards a spectre 9. Keep us updated.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So with the can sealed it groups well but POI is 8" off when compared with the suppressor.

When the can is configured in the other ways the groups open up and the POI is off (as compared to running with. I suppressor) as well?

Is the can config changing back pressure and impacting the roller delay or something else causing this?

What distance?

K Sealed had no POI shift at all from unsuppressed shooting so it functions as advertised

All other configurations destabilize the bullets so much not even an Aimpoint ACRO P-2 can adjust down that far. Groupings are at 10-15 yards just to keep them on paper. The K sealed is good at all ranges out to 25 yards

I think I found the culprit, I think the end of the L section of the can is just a BIT off

IMG_0335.jpegIMG_0337.jpeg

No hollow point ammunition shot through the L configuration, once I figured out what configuration worked I put about 200 more rounds through the Sealed K and found no evidence of jacket material in that section of the can further reinforcing my theory. I think this is going to have to go back to the mothership

Been looking at the sqd for my sp5k as well. This isn't the first reports I've read about serious poi shifts. Idk what's going on with this can or b&t's constant dropping of brand new models. I'd love to buy it for simplicity sake vs a cat mob and having to build an erector set just to use 3 lug. But whatever, I think this is one more push towards a spectre 9. Keep us updated.

I will keep the thread updated , this one is going straight to the president of B&T USA apparently. Very interested to see how B&T handles this problem.

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon
    Sweet so instead of being able to buy the compact for $600 b&t chooses to discontinue and force us to pay an extra $400 for four inches of useless crap.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    K Sealed had no POI shift at all from unsuppressed shooting so it functions as advertised

All other configurations destabilize the bullets so much not even an Aimpoint ACRO P-2 can adjust down that far. Groupings are at 10-15 yards just to keep them on paper. The K sealed is good at all ranges out to 25 yards

I think I found the culprit, I think the end of the L section of the can is just a BIT off

View attachment 385173View attachment 385174

No hollow point ammunition shot through the L configuration, once I figured out what configuration worked I put about 200 more rounds through the Sealed K and found no evidence of jacket material in that section of the can further reinforcing my theory. I think this is going to have to go back to the mothership

I will keep the thread updated , this one is going straight to the president of B&T USA apparently. Very interested to see how B&T handles this problem.
    Have you looked in the can with a flashlight to see if any of the baffles have been hit? I'd say the POI shift is due to changing turbulence inside the can based on changing volume when going to a longer configuration. Plus harmonics is probably a factor too

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm not familiar with B&T cans. I only know of one style of 3 lug mounting. Apparently B&T has engineered something different. Normally with a 3 lug you can clock the can around just like you can with a Neilson piston device

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Have you looked in the can with a flashlight to see if any of the baffles have been hit? I'd say the POI shift is due to changing turbulence inside the can based on changing volume when going to a longer configuration. Plus harmonics is probably a factor too
    No discernible damage to baffle stacks , the “transition tubes” from the K to L configuration show copper lines in the pictures above. I am thinking the L portion is not 100% concentric but I could be wrong. It’s weird how the K Sealed works 100 fine with no POi shift but making it L or Flow Through just makes everything go to ****.
    Sweet so instead of being able to buy the compact for $600 b&t chooses to discontinue and force us to pay an extra $400 for four inches of useless crap.

They are going to be like $850 I believe now , B&T has been jacking prices up all year.

StumpGump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2022
    Avon
    I'm not familiar with B&T cans. I only know of one style of 3 lug mounting. Apparently B&T has engineered something different. Normally with a 3 lug you can clock the can around just like you can with a Neilson piston device
    Looks like the end cap of the cocking tube is preventing it from clocking to a different lug. A perfect fit.. until it isnt...

Top Bottom