• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Yeh, a bunch of communists run the city. They totally disregaurd state laws and have their own set of rules. I used to live in Minneapolis, I have never seen such liberals since then until I moved here. When we have elections and talking with other people in this are, you would swear a democrat would win every time.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That article show cases one of the many reasons I refuse to shop at Walmart, they could have easily fought this but instead they gave in. Funny if a town doesn't want a Walmart they'll fight but they wouldn't for this.

I do not fault wal-mart for this. They are after all in the biz of making money for their shareholders. It's probably cheaper to go along with the rules (legal or illegal) and NOT sell those items then fight in in court and sell those items which may or may not sell in that market.

Why spend $500 in atty fees (number is made up) to sell one AR a month at $20 profit and risk getting kicked out of that town all together, when you can sell the ARs in the next down and still make the profit and not worry about the atty fees?

Fault the city council all you want but Wal-Mart is looking out for it's bottom line. If you were a shareholder of Wal-Mart I'm sure you want more dividends then having the store fight a 2A issue.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I do not fault wal-mart for this. They are after all in the biz of making money for their shareholders. It's probably cheaper to go along with the rules (legal or illegal) and NOT sell those items then fight in in court and sell those items which may or may not sell in that market.

Why spend $500 in atty fees (number is made up) to sell one AR a month at $20 profit and risk getting kicked out of that town all together, when you can sell the ARs in the next down and still make the profit and not worry about the atty fees?

Fault the city council all you want but Wal-Mart is looking out for it's bottom line. If you were a shareholder of Wal-Mart I'm sure you want more dividends then having the store fight a 2A issue.
    Who says it would go to court? Would the Council file suit over a rescinded agreement on the part of Walmart which isn't obligated to honor on the basis of the new law that prohibits the Council from demanding such an agreement and regulating the items in question?

Walmart could just continue to legally sell those items.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Who says it would go to court? Would the Council file suit over a rescinded agreement on the part of Walmart which isn't obligated to honor on the basis of the new law that prohibits the Council from demanding such an agreement and regulating the items in question?

Walmart could just continue to legally sell those items.

True does not have to go to court but the City does have other ways to make life miserable for Wal-Mart (ie. any commerical entity) to the point where they would leave.

This is SB we are talking about and logic (just like in Chicago) has no role here. Political chest beating "Look what I did for you people, I stopped WAL-MART from selling those evil guns" is all that matters.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    True does not have to go to court but the City does have other ways to make life miserable for Wal-Mart (ie. any commerical entity) to the point where they would leave.

This is SB we are talking about and logic (just like in Chicago) has no role here. Political chest beating "Look what I did for you people, I stopped WAL-MART from selling those evil guns" is all that matters.
    Idk though. With the economy and unemployment being the way it is I don't think it would behoove the Council to start running businesses out of town if push came to shove.

You are correct though. SB is a whole different kind of animal.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Idk though. With the economy and unemployment being the way it is I don't think it would behoove the Council to start running businesses out of town if push came to shove.

You are correct though. SB is a whole different kind of animal.

Sure it does. Then they have "blite" (??sp??) in the city and have get a federal grant to re-improve the area. That brings in money and jobs (need to study first, need to demo the area, need to build a new something), etc.

Besides they kick out an Anti-Union company out of the area as well.
    It's al win win for them.

You sure are no politician! :D

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    In a nutshell, the dem controlled city of SB drives out businesses with their anti businees attitude and tax structure. That reduces their tax base so they increase taxes and fees which drives out businesses which shrinks their tax base so they raise taxes and fees...it's a decades old downward spiral.

Mishawaka, which is seperate only by a boundary line from SB, thrives because they are pro business. It's really pretty sad that what is essentially one metro area has such a stark contrast between the 2 cities.

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    SouthBend is a joke the way they the city is a lot like Obama's administration locally cause the people harm and despair all while keeping them dependant on you.

Top Bottom