• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugerfan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    laporte county
    I have a major question to ask anyone who lives in or used to live in south bend. Is it a ok place to live and is there any really bad parts of south bend? Thanks to all who apply.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    seriously? some of the things I see on here just make my want to :facepalm:

ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE you decide to live is vulnerable to crime/problems.
    we live in America after all.
    Why the absurd questions from so many?

Are you serious? OP asks totally legit questions, he's clearly not familiar with the area. He didn't ask if there was a crime free zone! Same as my town, I'm sure SB has areas that one may want to avoid, especially if home or Apt shopping.

In addition, your response was of absolutely 0 help to him I'm sure. What was the point? Next time just go with the face palm and remain silent if you're not going to help....

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    seriously? some of the things I see on here just make my want to :facepalm:

ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE you decide to live is vulnerable to crime/problems.
    we live in America after all.
    Why the absurd questions from so many?

Chill Man, some people need their 50 quality posts:D

South Bend-what can I say? Parts of the eastern side are ok as is a good chunk of the south side. There are regions though out the city proper that are ok.
    The city government is just vaguely to the right of Chicago.
    Save yourself the trouble and move to Mishawaka:D

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Are you serious? OP asks totally legit questions, he's clearly not familiar with the area. He didn't ask if there was a crime free zone! Same as my town, I'm sure SB has areas that one may want to avoid, especially if home or Apt shopping.

In addition, your response was of absolutely 0 help to him I'm sure. What was the point? Next time just go with the face palm and remain silent if you're not going to help....

there was a page of "statistics" added. that just may help.
    No, I don't live is South Bend, but everyone has a different opinion. some people were raised in the hood, and find it to be home and a perfectly fine place to live.
    I personally wouldn't live in a city unless I was forced to do so.

his take on a nice place to live is probably not the same as mine.
    go drive around the darn city and look at it for yourself.
    that will tell you more than someone can :dunno:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Good parts and bad parts. Central, west and south west, bad part. South east, north west and north east, ok. Mishawaka is pretty decent also.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    A bunch of quiet places to live close to SB without actually having to live there. Look to LaPaz Lakeville, North Liberty, Walkerton, Crumstown. All small towns, all within about 20 min from SB, all low crime.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    My wife has family in Mishawaka and Granger. They are both decent places, but from what I've heard South Bend itself isn't the best when it comes to crime. I've attached a promotional video for the city so you can see some of what it offers. By the way, Saturdays in the fall are really a great time to be there.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njrAF-OYNkI[/ame]

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    Chill Man, some people need their 50 quality posts:D

South Bend-what can I say? Parts of the eastern side are ok as is a good chunk of the south side. There are regions though out the city proper that are ok.
    The city government is just vaguely to the right of Chicago.
    Save yourself the trouble and move to Mishawaka:D

I agree. If you must live in South Bend, I'd stay away from the West side. Otherwise, I'd go with Mishawaka.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    SB has it's fair share of daily murders, shootings, gang crimes, robberies, etc., as you would expect from any city. Many smaller communities with VERY low crime rates are really close to SB. I have lived here for over 55 years and I would never consider living in SB or even Mishawaka. I can drive there in 20 minutes if I have to and there are other safe communities that are even closer yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have done some work in SB that had us there for a few over nights. It is a City....period. City's have a lot to offer and a lot to be aware of. We had a few issues in our short time there but we were in the areas mentioned as not the greatest.

Regnar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Knox
    A bunch of quiet places to live close to SB without actually having to live there. Look to LaPaz Lakeville, North Liberty, Walkerton, Crumstown. All small towns, all within about 20 min from SB, all low crime.
    What he said. Honestly, taxes are MUCH better here in Marshall County.:twocents:

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I used to live in Plymouth....Next to South Bend.

Every morning you hear of shootings, stabbings....just like living in Merrillville and hearing it about Chicago.

I wouldn't suggest anyone move to SB.

JMO

dunk50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    South Bend
    Been here all my life (66) ALWAYS wanted to move but to many family ties. Moved out of the City Limits South and don't go into town unless I have to. The BEST way to describe South Bend is this! Indiana is Republican with mostly Midwestern values. South Bend on the other hand is DEMON-CRATIC. Now the question, if you are a sincere Democrat and big time Obama supporter you will fit right in. If not, Mishawaka or one of the outlying smaller towns!

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a major question to ask anyone who lives in or used to live in south bend. Is it a ok place to live and is there any really bad parts of south bend? Thanks to all who apply.

I was born and raised 45 mins east of South Bend in Middlebury. I like the area up there, while I don't know much about SB other than the Notre Dame campus, I know there are some rough areas.

Do you need to live in South Bend? Can you live outside of it and commute?

Top Bottom