• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I admire him for standing up for freedom in the face of a brutal system. He was a freedom fighter who after being freed, championed the cause of reconciliation among all the people of South Africa.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    RIP Nelson Mandela.

And FWIW, I may be a noob and not a Grandmaster, but I believe that private messages should remain private, and posting them publicly for the purpose of ridiculing another member is out of line.

Last edited:

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    He signed off on the deaths of innocent people, lots of them

Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. At his trial, he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists. Here are some highlights

-Church Street West, Pretoria, on the 20 May 1983

-Amanzimtoti Shopping complex KZN, 23 December 1985

-Krugersdorp Magistrate’s Court, 17 March 1988

-Durban Pick ‘n Pay shopping complex, 1 September 1986

-Pretoria Sterland movie complex 16 April 1988 – limpet mine killed ANC terrorist M O Maponya instead

-Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court, 20 May 1987

-Roodepoort Standard Bank 3 June, 1988

Tellingly, not only did Mandela refuse to renounce violence, Amnesty refused to take his case stating “[the] movement recorded that it could not give the name of ‘Prisoner of Conscience’ to anyone associated with violence, even though as in ‘conventional warfare’ a degree of restraint may be exercised.”

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    RIP Nelson Mandela.

And FWIW, I may be a noob and not a Grandmaster, but I believe that private messages should remain private, and posting them publicly for the purpose of ridiculing another member is out of line.

Point taken, but if someone shows their ignorance so thoroughly, they bring that on themselves.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It doesn't make it OK, even when we don't agree with what someone says. Rights are rights. Right to express an opinion, right to privacy. I thought defending rights was kind of what this place was about?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Point taken, but if someone shows their ignorance so thoroughly, they bring that on themselves.

No they don't. I thought that was an understood rule on the internet and on the INGO.

I think there are several posts missing. I take it the Mods are watching this thread carefully.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He was a communist and lied about it for decades.
    We know that Obama claims him as a role model and wrote the foreword for his book.

After being elected, what communist measures did he enact? Simply put, Mandela appears to have used the same tactic Castro used. Castro worked with democracies for support, until he came to power, and then dropped tge bombshell that he was a communist. Conversely, Mandela apparently worked with communists because they were the ONLY group that supported his anti-apartheid opposition (which is exactly what your article implies). After becoming president of SA, it seems that communism wasn't exactly the type of govt he had planned for the nation.

I too claim Mandela as an inspiration/role model.

Top Bottom