• billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    WHY????

For all the .22 rimfire ammo talked about on INGO, I think that the Remington "Golden" bullet has the WORST track record.

I, like most would prefer the Federal Bulk Pack, commonly found a Wally World...Bill.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Dicks Sporting Goods usually has them... they occasionally run them on sale as well. That's where I have purchased the last several packs I have bought.

I'm suspecting you want these to run through an Advantage Arms kit since they call them out as a recommended brand (that's what I use them for, and they also run fine in my 15-22).

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Dicks Sporting Goods usually has them... they occasionally run them on sale as well. That's where I have purchased the last several packs I have bought.

I'm suspecting you want these to run through an Advantage Arms kit since they call them out as a recommended brand (that's what I use them for, and they also run fine in my 15-22).
    I see you've been reading some of my posts! :D Indeed, they are the recommended hollow point on the AA list. I bought some CCI 36 gr Hollow Points, and they function fine, but wanted to see how the Golden Bullets did. The CCI Mini-Mag 40 gr work great cycling the slide, but I would love to have a hollow point option. I'll check Dick's! Thanks!:)

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Thank you all! As WebSnyper mentioned, I am trying to get some to cycle through an AA conversion for my Glock 26, to see if they function well. I am getting the sad realization that perhaps they are not the best ammo to try, so I also bought a pack of CCI 36 gr Hollow Points with a very similar rating to the CCI Mini-Mag 40 gr that AA recommends. I am going to try them out this weekend, and see what happens. I still would love to buy a box of the Golden Bullets to try, but am going in now forewarned about them and their issues. Thanks to all!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I see you've been reading some of my posts! :D Indeed, they are the recommended hollow point on the AA list. I bought some CCI 36 gr Hollow Points, and they function fine, but wanted to see how the Golden Bullets did. The CCI Mini-Mag 40 gr work great cycling the slide, but I would love to have a hollow point option. I'll check Dick's! Thanks!:)

So far they are all I have run in my AA kit... they run pretty well. You can occasionally get one that nose dives, but for the most part they run pretty well in my AA kit and extremely well in my 15-22.

I ran the first half of ACT's IP101 with the AA kit and Remington Golden Bullets. I don't really care if they are hollow point or not. I need to try some other types, but I stocked up a bit on the Remingtons.

Top Bottom