• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Need recommendations for a sound bar for our living room. We are refinishing the wall and mounting a 42" LG tv. Our living room, kitchen, and dining area are all one long room. I would like to get a sound bar to up the quality of sound and mount it while doing the tv and wall.

I would like to keep it under $100. If it is a bar/subwoofer combo, I may be able to go up to $150 if the quality is there. We are not audiophiles by any means, but would like something better than the factory speakers and as much quality as we can squeeze out for little money. Thanks in advance.

ETA: Are the bars with a built in sub ok? I'd rather not have a big box on the floor but will deal if it makes that big of a difference.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At that price point, any gains over your TV speakers will be marginal/placebo. If you really want to go the soundbar route, here is your best resource by far.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Look at the Vizio 2.1 sound bar/subwoofer combo. I think it can be had for around $150. I have the older model of it and it's definitely a step up from tv speakers.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Anything is better than the new tv speakers that are the size of a quarter and fire backwards. Sound sucks on them.
    No recommendations for a decent sounding sound bar in your requirement specifications.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    At that price point, any gains over your TV speakers will be marginal/placebo. If you really want to go the soundbar route, here is your best resource by far.
    At $150, I would stick with the TV speakers.

Well, I ordered one of these.
    VIZIO SB2920X-C6 29" 2.0 Channel Sound Bar (2015 Model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013WTCL5C/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_ixh4wb0NFJDGZ

I found it in the marketplace. Shipped it was $67.xx. the package had been opened and resealed. Other than that, everything was there and it looked as new.

A quick setting it up and listening has turned me into a believer. The sound is considerably better than the factory speakers. Louder and richer. It's no award winning sound but it is well worth the money. My wife even noticed the difference. It got even better when I hooked up an 18 year old sub I had laying around. We are very satisfied with the purchase. I will be keeping an eye out for another deal for the bedroom in the near future.

Top Bottom